Brent Mason with PRS now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brent Mason with PRS now

Recently there were threads about Brent Mason's tele. Im suprised no one has mentioned that apparently his is with prs now. Got the latest prs catalog newsletter and there is an article in there about him using them.. I know he has a bunch of fans here, so thought Id mention...
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Brent Mason with PRS now

It should be interesting to see what kind of a sig. model he chooses to create with PRS.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Just remember that giving them his name doesn't mean he'll ever use them.
      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
        That's pretty much what I was thinking as well.

Comment

Well, they have experimented with tele style things in the past. Although I suspect one of the new fendery things they have.
          "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

we probably won't see a PRS Tele, he'll probably just play a 513 or a SAS or something.

If we do get a PRS super Tele out of this, then GOD BLESS BRENT MASON
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
              we probably won't see a PRS Tele, he'll probably just play a 513 or a SAS or something.

If we do get a PRS super Tele out of this, then GOD BLESS BRENT MASON
              Which is the reason I'm wanting to build a tele with PRS influences. I doubt they will go there although of course Paul's friend Nik Huber does do something along those lines.
              This is a Chesapeak PRS prototype one of the last made by Joe Knaggs which was sold early this year by World Guitars in the UK.
              "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

I would have to see the article. I looked at the PRS website and they do list him as an artist. He doesn't have a PRS signature model. He has an active contract with Valley Arts (Gibson) for his signature model. He does use PRS as well as most every other guitar. He has Strats, 335's, Les Pauls, Nocasters, etc, etc....

He uses what he needs for the job he has. Now in the past, when he has played out, he's either used his '68 Tele and/or his red Strat. Nowadays, you see him almost exclusively with his Valley Arts signature model. One reason is that he doesn't take his Tele on the road anymore. Another reason is that he's marketing the Valley Arts guitar. He gets a cut from the sales as most artists do. Plus, it's a just a dang good guitar.

Moving to PRS? I kind of doubt it, but you never know. I was blown away (and disappointed) when Johnny Hiland put his Tele away and signed with PRS. Nothing wrong with PRS; but any time I see an artist know for playing a Telecaster, move to something else, I'm always a little disappointed.
                -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                  1) If memory serves PRS doesn't pay endorsees except possibly the sig models. Hell anyone who plays one on stage is a defacto endorsee. That title really doesn't mean much anymore

2) I doubt many guys under 30 know who Brent Mason is.

If he is playing one then its because he wants to IMO

Comment

Originally posted by AudioWonderland View Post
                    1) If memory serves PRS doesn't pay endorsees except possibly the sig models. Hell anyone who plays one on stage is a defacto endorsee. That title really doesn't mean much anymore

2) I doubt many guys under 30 know who Brent Mason is.

If he is playing one then its because he wants to IMO
                    This was a few years ago but Paul said that the only endorser who gets any sort of royalty is Paul Allender and that is for the bats which he designed for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
                      This was a few years ago but Paul said that the only endorser who gets any sort of royalty is Paul Allender and that is for the bats which he designed for himself.
                      That's consistent with what I have been told as well. Just didn't want to overstate the case. The net of it is that he is likely paying for his instruments albeit nicely discounted I would think

Comment

Okay, I thought, since Brent is one of my main influences, I would investigate this further.

Here's a pic of Brent in the studio. He's using a PRS McCarty.

Here's a billboard of him playing a PRS. These billboards are all over Nashville and there are several players on them and they're all playing PRS.

That's pretty much all I could find. He is listed on the PRS website in their full artist list. There's a link to his website and that's all. His website doesn't mention PRS either. So, again, I would need to see some sort of writing that says he's moving to PRS.
                        -Butch

Comment

That isn't a McCarty it's a DGT the David Grissom model as it has the extra volume control.
                          Looking at those pedals he should go on 'It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing' as he could pull off a few Fred Astaire moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                            Okay, I thought, since Brent is one of my main influences, I would investigate this further.

Here's a pic of Brent in the studio. He's using a PRS McCarty.

Here's a billboard of him playing a PRS. These billboards are all over Nashville and there are several players on them and they're all playing PRS.

That's pretty much all I could find. He is listed on the PRS website in their full artist list. There's a link to his website and that's all. His website doesn't mention PRS either. So, again, I would need to see some sort of writing that says he's moving to PRS.
                            Butch and everyone, the article is Volume 2 Issue one of the Signature magizine. Pages 13-15. The spread opens with Brent playing a SE Mike Mushock Baritone.. Perhaps they are not referring to him as an endorsee, but they are discussing how he primarily is using his 4 PRS guitars now and how when he goes to sessions, they request he bring the PRS DGT. And "the PRS DGT has become one of my main guitars in the studio". An how he "started using them when PRS Consultant Herb Shucher brought a bungh of PRS guitars for me to try while I was working on a session over at Emerald Studios". Normally when artists state things like this, its and endorsement. And he is using them for his new solo record that he may call it Re-wired.

Go to a PRS dealer and they may have this mag. (?)
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
                              That isn't a McCarty it's a DGT the David Grissom model as it has the extra volume control.
                              Okay, whatever... My point wasn't to pinpoint what PRS he was or wasn't playing; but no worries....

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                              Butch and everyone, the article is Volume 2 Issue one of the Signature magizine. Pages 13-15. The spread opens with Brent playing a SE Mike Mushock Baritone.. Perhaps they are not referring to him as an endorsee, but they are discussing how he primarily is using his 4 PRS guitars now and how when he goes to sessions, they request he bring the PRS DGT. And "the PRS DGT has become one of my main guitars in the studio". An how he "started using them when PRS Consultant Herb Shucher brought a bungh of PRS guitars for me to try while I was working on a session over at Emerald Studios". Normally when artists state things like this, its and endorsement. And he is using them for his new solo record that he may call it Re-wired.

Go to a PRS dealer and they may have this mag. (?)
                              Hmmm, okay, I'll check out the mag. Thanks for the info.
                              -Butch

Comment

Working...
                              X