Epi 50th Anniv 1960 LP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epi 50th Anniv 1960 LP?

Anyone played these?? Yeah, its an EPI, but Ive found that their limited run axes are sometimes pretty good.
    These have long tenon, Gibson pups, mallory caps, switchcraft switch. Just wondering...
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Epi 50th Anniv 1960 LP?

Nothing against Epiphone Les Pauls as I own about 4 or 5 of them, but I'd rather pay $600-$700 for a used Gibson Les Paul Studio than $900 for an Epiphone Anniversary Reissue model.

Comment

I see your point, but most of the studios Ive played dont impress me much. I had a studio and kept my EPI LP.. (Its a limited run and just a pretty dang good axe)
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I saw some at Guitar Center recently. The finishes on them are beautiful, they used a much higher quality flame maple veneer on these, and they appear to be hand stained. Except for the headstock, from 5 feet away it looks like a $6500 Gibson Custom Shop Reissue, compared to the run of the mill Epi's.

I picked one up, and it still have the feel of a Chinese made epiphone, not a Gibson. The inlays were still the cheaper material Epiphone uses, and didn't look like Gibson inlays.

I didn't bother plugging it in.

If you want an Epi that looks like a high end Gibson, get one of these. But be warned that it is still constructed the same as a Chinese Epi, with a scarf joint on the neck and a 2 piece heel.

They do look much better than the Epiphone Slash Appetite for Destruction guitar I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
          If you want an Epi that looks like a high end Gibson, get one of these.
          I won't lie that prospect sounds nice to me right now. I hate to sound vain but Gibson studios just don't look so great to me. and, I'm not so great a player that I can justify spending big money on the Gibsons that really do have all the nice cosmetic stuff.

Comment

The veneers on the tops also had a very 3D look to them, when you move the guitar the flame maple grain moves, something you see on very high end Gibsons. The epi Appetite Les Paul looked like a run of the mill epi in comparison

Comment

ya i've been looking at Epi's and Lower priced Studio Gibsons and the Studios are winning me over more... i'd buy and pay the bit more to get into a lower end Gibson then a good Epi...

Comment

Working...
              X