No announcement yet.

Back from the dead (Matsumoku content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the dead (Matsumoku content)

Some of you may recall that Paint Your Own Guitar Using Krylon book on Ebay some years ago. I bought one.

I had an old Vantage FV575 (Matsumoku era) that I sanded and painted, but then stuck in the shed to let the paint dry.

Several years later, I decided to put it back together and see what would happen.

Needless to say, it's not perfect, but it's playable. It's got runs and bubbles and could stand to be sanded, but I'm happy with the color and can tolerate the flaws (for now).

Still sounds great and plays great, which is all that matters.

I put an old DDL in the bridge and a 59/CC (A2) in the neck.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Re: Back from the dead (Matsumoku content)

It looks good. Does it sound like angels singing?
    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
    Vox NightTrain 50.
    My Band

Comment

Close. Verrry close.

When I had it sanded down to the wood, I saw the neck had stringers in it from tail to tip(looked like Walnut).
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Yellow guitars play faster.
        "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

Cool!

Wish I still had my '79 Wine Red Vantage LP Clone. Great pickups and a phase switch built in. Broke the neck and ordered a new one from them. Worked great.
          Last edited by BTMN; 11-28-2010, 07:53 AM.
          Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathFan0220 View Post
            aye, so deo the ones with go faster stripes on them
            Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
            you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

I dunno about faster, but it's definitely brighter :P
              My Blog

Comment

Love it! I should do the same thing to my first guitar... It's been sitting for about 4 years now because I effed up on the paint job.

Comment

Before you rush out and get some Krylon, be aware they changed the formula in the last couple of years (after I painted this one) where it just won't come out right. The guy that runs Paint Your Own Guitar said he was looking into alternatives. Never heard back.
                  My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathFan0220 View Post
                    He's right, you know. It's like in driving a car, green means go, red means stop, and yellow means drive very fast.
                    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

It's nice I suppose but it's no Halford Warrior ....

Comment

Working...
                      X