My Les Paul got very feedback-y and I don't know why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Les Paul got very feedback-y and I don't know why

Something I've noticed lately - not really sure why it would be doing this, as I've done nothing to alter/modify it. Just now whenever I have the gain on it gets crazy feedback. It's never done this before. It's the basic Gibson Les Paul Studio model, if it makes any difference. (Yes, I've tested my other guitars to make sure it wasn't my amp/the wall plug/etc.)

Maybe some of the wiring has gone awry for one reason or another? I don't know, but it sounds pretty awful. Probably have to take it to a tech to see what the deal is. Anyone wanna take a wild guess at what may the cause?
    Facebook - My facebook page
    Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Re: My Les Paul got very feedback-y and I don't know why

.......... that's unusual on my books.... i mean my squier and vintage on high gain, yeah I understand that... but a LP Studio??

anyway it could be something electrical thats having an effect, I.E. the lights on in another room, something that has been moved in the room itself (this happened to me too) it could be anything to do with that.

the other guys will know more about the electrics of the guitar so I'll leave that to them.
    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Does it happen with both pickups? I was thinking maybe a pickup cover came loose?
      "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

yeah but if it came loose wouldn't it buzz instead? like a rattle?
        Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
        you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Hand_Strat View Post
          yeah but if it came loose wouldn't it buzz instead? like a rattle?
          Actually, microphonic feedback can result from a cover that's unproprely soldered/potted...hence Sabbath's remark... I agree with him: check with both pick-ups to confirm/infirm that this happens for one in particular.

Comment

Silly question, but is this all on the same amp? Could be a preamp tube.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdV View Post
              Silly question, but is this all on the same amp? Could be a preamp tube.
              Originally posted by Jake View Post
              (Yes, I've tested my other guitars to make sure it wasn't my amp/the wall plug/etc.)
              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Wow, just goes to show that I skip over stuff in parenthesis.

Comment

Sounds like you might need to repott the pickups. It's easy to do yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X