banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been a long time since I tried to learn a song that wasn't just some easy chords.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a long time since I tried to learn a song that wasn't just some easy chords.

Been learning some easy tunes as of late to go with my attempts to sing.

And I've just realized it's been, I'd say, years since I've tried to learn any song on electric that properly pushes me a bit, that makes me uncomfortable and forces me to chop some more.

So I went straight to pain: Paul Gilbert.

I'm actually learning Hurry Up from his solo CD, Get Out Of My Yard.
    This one:

Not a fret burner, but it's still damn complicated. Having lots of fun.

I should learn at least one new song a week or something.
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Re: Been a long time since I tried to learn a song that wasn't just some easy chords.

I like it! I think I'm going to go learn that now. Lol
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Re: Been a long time since I tried to learn a song that wasn't just some easy chords.

Really!? I was screwing around with the riffs from "My Teeth are a Drum Set" earlier! It's just so fun to crank that song on my way to work that I just told myself I had to learn at least the main riffs on that song!

Comment

Good on ya! PG's the man.

Comment

Congratulations. I could never play that.

Comment

Thanks guys!
            I've got it figured out close to 80% by now. The crazy shreddy solo in the blues section, I haven't bothered with yet, but I'll be there soon.
            The song's damn complicated, the guitar lines never end! But it's good and it's been fun.
            Gotta learn more songs more often.
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
              Thanks guys!
              I've got it figured out close to 80% by now. The crazy shreddy solo in the blues section, I haven't bothered with yet, but I'll be there soon.
              The song's damn complicated, the guitar lines never end! But it's good and it's been fun.
              Gotta learn more songs more often.
              Right there with you my friend!
              Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
              I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Working...
              X