• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it work?

Ibanez RG body with Jackson style neck?

Re: Would it work?

Jackson-style? what brand exactly?

If the shape is the same and the scale is the same, its up to how tight the neck pocket is.

edit: same screw pattern?

Comment

A jackson replacement neck from GFS. Or One of the many on ebay.

Comment

I'm gonna say no. Ibby's are finicky enough with their own necks. MutzNMongrelz should be able to tell ya. He messes with stuff like that all the time.

Comment

What about on a raw Warmoth Soloist body? I was looking at the 24 fret "Jackson" necks on guitarpartsonline.com, money saver! I realize I would have to route a deeper pocket to fit a true 24 fret neck in the Warmoth with the neck pup mod. And I would get the 720 mod because I like the flat profile like on Ibanez guitars or anything with a floyd I guess. Hard tail fixed strat style bridge though. I ask again, would it work?!

Comment

heck look on clearance
            GFS had some RG boies as well as necks on there

grab matched set
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

The problem is that I really don't like trem bridges. I need a Fixed bridge superstrat shaped raw body of either mahogany or swamp ash that can fit a true 24 fret Jackson type neck. Planing on an oil finish.

Comment

Working...
              X