Re: Telecaster: A question and an observation

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
    jk
    lol

Comment

Comment

Here is an interesting telecaster that I viewed on Warmoth’s guitar of the month...
        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

O
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I have always LOVED the Telecaster. Mainly because I got seriously into the Stones when I was about 14 and Keith was who I wanted to emulate. So, it was love at first sight for me and the Tele. I've got 3 of them now.

It's a crude instrument. No body contours - two pickups - harsh bridge pickup and usually sort of muddy neck pickup. You actually have to learn to use the guitar - and it's unforgiving of sloppy playing. But, the tone is it's own reward. I love the way it looks, even the way it hangs on a strap - completely horizontal. They don't even sit right if you try to pull the neck up to play it on an angle like a Les Paul or a Strat. You can pry my Tele from my cold dead hands!

Last edited by Powdered Toast Man; 04-30-2011, 12:23 AM.
            -
            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I STILL ****ING WANT THIS.

Originally posted by Kam View Post

In fact, something very similar to this would be just about perfect...

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I have 5 teles. I do love them, but I really prefer Strats. That typed. A Tele can do some amazing things. They are very crude yet very functional. I have one with two Pearly gates, I have onw with a hotrail in the bridge & a Firebird minihum in the neck, I have a vary tradtional 52 RI with a vintage 54 & a Jerry Donahue bridge, then I have a thinline custom with with a JazzV & 59B that are coil tapped with a push/pull pot. Those pretty much cover all the bases.

"So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I just came across this thread, so here goes...Sure, a Tele was always used for country music. Leo Fender was a big fan of country, and designed his Broadcaster with input from local country players. But then the '60's came along and everything changed! Jeff Beck (my favorite) used a Tele in the Yardbirds. Syd Barret used one during his time in Pink Floyd. And don't forget, Jimmy Page used one for the solo on " Stairway To Heaven". The Tele was no longer "just for country". Albert Collins showed blues fans what a Tele could do. Roy Buchannon and Danny Gatton were two of the best ever! Check them out if you're not familiar with their music. Then there were "80's players like Joe Strummer, Andy Summers, and of course, Bruce Springsteen. Have you noticed that many country players today are now using Les Pauls? Things sure have changed! A Tele is one of the most versatile guitars ever produced - especially when you consider all of the forms it has taken on. Long live the Telecaster!

Comment

Working...
                  X