Ibanez AS73 Lefty Nut In Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez AS73 Lefty Nut In Place

Now that I have the electronics all figured out...Next step was to replace the nut for left handed...Waiting on the nut and glue to dry thoroughly...The neck seems very flat and it's looking like it'll need some relief..The stock string height was pretty low and so I'll be bringing that up,as I Like the action higher...

I need to still do a little filing to the nut..

Should be a pretty sweet axe when I get done and I have about a total of $240 into this thing...I had the Jazz N and 59B Duncan pickups,pots,knobs,wire,caps,etc.needed to do the task..

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 12-05-2010, 04:35 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Ibanez AS73 Lefty Nut In Place

I decided to go with black strat knobs...I Like the fact that they sit a bit lower under my arm when playing and I Like the "Volume" and "Tone" lettering on the knobs..It doesn't look too bad..

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

thats going to be sick!!!
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Like all other tonal things, "clean" is relative. Do you want "sparkling drop of spring water", or "scrape some poop off the bottom of your shoe before you walk in"?

Originally posted by KoreanGuitarMan
      Actually, shedding the blood of an actual white owl upon an altar wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis H View Post
        thats going to be sick!!!
        Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way? LOL

Comment

Nice job, man. The black knobs look cool. I actually really like that tail-piece design.

All in all, a nice instrument for a nice price for a player who plays with the headstock facing the right direction.

(pun unintended, by the way)
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
            Nice job, man. The black knobs look cool. I actually really like that tail-piece design.

All in all, a nice instrument for a nice price for a player who plays with the headstock facing the right direction.

(pun unintended, by the way)
            Thanks forum brother,much appreciated.

Comment

Besides sick vibrato units, Ibanez makes great hardtail bridges that are very well thought out...like the Gibraltars on the RGAs and the Tight-End on the new RGs.

I've a question though, don't the controls bother you when you play man?

Comment

Originally posted by tc View Post
                Besides sick vibrato units, Ibanez makes great hardtail bridges that are very well thought out...like the Gibraltars on the RGAs and the Tight-End on the new RGs.

I've a question though, don't the controls bother you when you play man?
                Every other guitar I own is lefthanded except this one....I notice when I play this guitar,that my are straddles around the controls,so no they don't bother me...

I did setup the bridge controls and neck controls like they'd be normally...Neck controls are at the top and bridge controls are under those..That way everything is the same as on my SG and my LP..The switch is also down for bridge,up for neck...Easier on me that way... ;o)

Comment

Nice John, I like it, can't wait to hear it!
                  BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
                  Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
                  Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
                  Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
                  Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
                  Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
                  Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
                  Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
                  Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
                  Gibson EBO

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
                    Nice John, I like it, can't wait to hear it!
                    Thanks Steve...I'm sure you saw this post and the finished product...

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                      Thanks Steve...I'm sure you saw this post and the finished product...

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=204983
                      I did nicely done!
                      BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
                      Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
                      Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
                      Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
                      Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
                      Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
                      Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
                      Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
                      Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
                      Gibson EBO

Comment

Working...
                      X