Just scored a Rivera head on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just scored a Rivera head on ebay

Awesome sweet lou. I was looking at that one and was possibly gunna bid, but I won a Knucklehead 55 in another auction. I cant wait for it to get here. It is my dream amp, and it just feel into my hands. BTW I am selling my laney GH100l if anone is interested. Riveras are the creme de la creme of production amps IMO. versitile tone machines. Im sure you wont be dissappointed.
    Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

I still kick myself for selling my knucklehead 55. Of all the amps that are circuit board based, the riveras have sounded the best. If you open it up, you'll notice none of the flimsy thin circuit boards you see in most of the mass production amps.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
        I still kick myself for selling my knucklehead 55. Of all the amps that are circuit board based, the riveras have sounded the best. If you open it up, you'll notice none of the flimsy thin circuit boards you see in most of the mass production amps.
        yea. I opened up my laney and was amazed at the lack of flimsy cheap circuit boards. Chassis mounted tubes and 2 small but thick circuit boards. I can wait for my rivera. I practically stole it. I bid on an auction for the head and a mashall cab, but the reserve was not met. So i offered him my bid which was the highest for the head alone and got it. I have never been so excited about a peice of gear.
        Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

okay, so what'd you get the kh55 for if I might ask?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by bvc310
            Awesome sweet lou. I was looking at that one and was possibly gunna bid, but I won a Knucklehead 55 in another auction. I cant wait for it to get here. It is my dream amp, and it just feel into my hands. BTW I am selling my laney GH100l if anone is interested. Riveras are the creme de la creme of production amps IMO. versitile tone machines. Im sure you wont be dissappointed.
            Great we will have to compair notes . This will be my first Rivera. Really my first "premium" amp.
            Wish you the best with yours.

Lou
            His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
              So what do you think of the M100?
              His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                Rivera's cabs are 8 ohms, Lou.
                However, my Rivera 4x12 is 8 ohm, and my Hiwatt 4x12 is 16 ohm.
                I have no problem running both at the same time, and have been doing so for years, so long as the 8 ohm cab is the one that's attached to the USE THIS FIRST output; the one with the two lightining bolts attached.

You can also email Rivera -- they usually get back to you within a day.

And yeah, I'll help where I can with recording clips -- and I won't laugh (promise).

Than
                If you wanna hear some really bad playing by yours truly, check out the clips I made to accompany my Korg PXR4 review -- they were just to demonstrate the sound quality of the Korg, and the playing is pretty terrible! lol They're at http://korgpxr4.tripod.com.

And to whet your appitite, check out my Rivera clips at http://twilightsongs2.tripod.com

Hey T.O. That was cool got some qick fingers there.

Being an oficial old fart I liked the 70 best, of course.

Thanks I wiil take you up on your offer. If I ever get up to Jersey to visit my family I give you a heads up. Maybe we can visit.

Lou
                His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_lou
                  Hey T.O. That was cool got some qick fingers there.
                  Thanx

Being an oficial old fart I liked the 70 best, of course.
                  That was the riff to What You're Doing from the 1st Rush album

Thanks I wiil take you up on your offer. If I ever get up to Jersey to visit my family I give you a heads up. Maybe we can visit.
                  That would be very cool! Let's try to make it a reality!
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                  X