• a Fender Blacktop... hmmm....

the Jazzmaster has a Duncan Designed single coil neck pickup

They're all MSRP $699. Interesting, no?
    sigpic
    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Originally posted by Lewguitar
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Re: a Fender Blacktop... hmmm....

I want a black strat with a maple/maple neck :3
    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
    Vox NightTrain 50.
    My Band

Comment

We had a long-as-heck thread on these a while back Reggie. You never saw it? I'll dig it up.

supposedly theyre quite a value.

Comment

Comment

Those pics don't even look like real guitars. Does Fender just post their Kisekae creations or something?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            Those pics don't even look like real guitars. Does Fender just post their Kisekae creations or something?
            they look ok to me. my biggest problem with stock photos is that they're always edited to make the finish look as great as possible (why wouldn't a company, really?) instead of trying to photoshop the finish to make it look exactly as it would while sitting in a room with you. whenever i see a guitar i think i'm interested in i always do a pretty extensive hunt for pictures of it in somebody's "NGD" thread rather than stock photos.

fiesta red is a great example. from the name and stock photos you might think it's a bright red finish, instead of the salmon pink it's closer to.

Comment

If the Tele has the sound I needed, that would be a game winner for me.

I need something light enough to gig a 3 or 4-hour night, and still give me warmth for jazz and punch for blues and rock. I'd swap for some SD's of course, and install a push/pull pot for the outside single coils, just to give me some jangle. Now that would have a killer rhythm sound.
              sigpic
              "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
              --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
              Originally posted by Lewguitar
              In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

I'm convinced that the jazzmaster isnt the real guitar and is a jazzmaster body with everything shopped onto it.

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
                they look ok to me. my biggest problem with stock photos is that they're always edited to make the finish look as great as possible (why wouldn't a company, really?) instead of trying to photoshop the finish to make it look exactly as it would while sitting in a room with you. whenever i see a guitar i think i'm interested in i always do a pretty extensive hunt for pictures of it in somebody's "NGD" thread rather than stock photos.

fiesta red is a great example. from the name and stock photos you might think it's a bright red finish, instead of the salmon pink it's closer to.
                I always look for user pictures as well, I think it's the only accurate way to check out any guitar or bass.

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
                If the Tele has the sound I needed, that would be a game winner for me.

I need something light enough to gig a 3 or 4-hour night, and still give me warmth for jazz and punch for blues and rock. I'd swap for some SD's of course, and install a push/pull pot for the outside single coils, just to give me some jangle. Now that would have a killer rhythm sound.
                the strat has 5 way switching. I believe a coil tap is in there somewhere.

Comment

sweeeeeeeeeeeet. no jack cup.

i might have to pick up one of these suckers mahself

Comment

Jolly they have the things at my local shops, they Look exactly like the photos. Damn good bits of kit...
                    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
                    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

The Tele and Strat totally got my attention
                      "Greetings from Malaysia !"
                      http://www.youtube.com/aneyekay1
                      My Gear:
                      ESP LTD Ec-50 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
                      Ibanez RGR321EX w/ Tesla VR-Extreme
                      Custom Squier strat
                      Roland MicroCube
                      Kustom KLA20r
                      Joyo Crunch Distortion

Comment

If the Tele comes in any other colour than Black then I want 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Brow View Post
                          If the Tele comes in any other colour than Black then I want 1!
                          I think they do Silver...
                          Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
                          you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

I have a Blacktop Jag on the way from the factory (hopefully) in time for Christmas! I'm not real big on the sound of the blacktop pickups, at least in the store, we'll see how it works out on my actual gear.

But my initial thought was to stick some Sd's in there. The JB/59 combo seems to be the most popular suggestion so far.

Comment

The Telecaster looks really good.
                              I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Working...
                              X