The washburn shred machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The washburn shred machine

Has anyone played one of these. I think they look pretty cool, I don't know if you could make use of all those frets.

Re: The washburn shred machine

maybe i'm just an eighties freak but... i like that a lot. remember seeing one in a guitar book i have, except that one had a goofy steve vai handle... though who would say having 36 frets and a crackle paint isn't goofy initially...

must make for an interesting play if nothing else
    dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Who's fingers are tiny enough to fit inbetween those frets? Maybe a little kid...?
      Very Metal.

:firedevil :headbang: :firedevil

ESP Lynch Kamikaze 4
      ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger
      ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes
      ESP Lynch Serpent-colored lefty body
      ESP KH-1
      LTD F-207-7 string- custom metal headstock tone block
      BC Rich KKV
      Schecter Omen 7-7 string- SD '59 neck/Custom bridge
      Soldano Series II Super Lead 60

Comment

Yeah Steve Vai used to play a similar one, I'm also not sure how one could fret those last frets. The exact same guitar is for sale here in Holland. It's a lot cheaper here though (and that never happens!), 500 euros I think
        Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
        Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
        Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
        Marshall 2x12 Vintage
        Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

it isnt worth even close to what they are asknig. maybe 250-300. the bolt ons go for less.

germ
          Jeremy Ledford
          Tone Guru Extroardinaire
          Tone Shop

Comment

Pretty cool retro guitar. I had a similiar guitar in Highschool (G7v I think) back in the late 80's. But mine was a HSS configuration, Torquise Blue with a black pickguard. I replaced all the pickups with duncans.

Washburn guitars are a mixed bag, sometimes they come out with good ones (like the Idol series) and not so good ones.

I do wish Washburn would reissue those wonderbar Tremolos. I always like them and they stayed in tune pretty well. Although they were big and bulky.
            Gear: 2002 Fender Amer. Strat W/TX Specials
            1999 Fender MIM Strat...
            2004 Music Man Sub 1

'94 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
            Line 6 Spider II 1x12
            Boss ME-50
            Boss DD-5

Comment

this one is posted for bidding the 2nd time already.. i saw it on ebay about 6 months ago

Comment

I just watched VH1's 100 Greatest Metal Moments. I think we just found 101.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

from the further away pics it looks like someone glued hair to it...gross

Comment

LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Kanye West
                    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by ledzepp29
                      from the further away pics it looks like someone glued hair to it...gross
                      The funny thing is, that's how you make that finish
                      I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
                      -Britney Spears

Comment

Originally posted by presa_tito
                        Has anyone played one of these. I think they look pretty cool, I don't know if you could make use of all those frets.
                        http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...gename=rvi:1:3
                        Ben just had his here last weekend. Nice axe, pretty fast neck, but IMO the extra octave is more or less just for show. Although Ben knows how to make use of it pretty well...

The part about tbeing the only 36 fret axe is BS, though, Iīve seen a few (aAnd actually built a 37 fretter once for a guy that always wanted "one more" )
                        Originally posted by ankalar
                        The funny thing is, that's how you make that finish
                        Not really...

The fihish is in reality 2 different paints applied, IIRC the top one is water-based acrylic instead of "normal", but I havenīt done a crackle in about 5 years, could be Krylon or similar..... either way, the hardening of the softer top finish causes it to tear because it canīt grab a decent hold of the undercoat. Then the whole thing gets a few coats of clear and is essentially done

BTW, for anyone interested in that auction: Foxyguitars was very recently banned from the J/C Forums (and probably made other eBay blacklists than mine) because of his business practices. For ex. buying Mighty Mite kits and Charvel decals off eBay, and seling them together as a "Unassembled Charvel Pre-Pro Kit", and intentional misrepresentation of a few other non-J/C items..... I donīt think thereīs much that can go wrong on this axe, but you have been warned about the seller. Caveat Emptor
                        Last edited by Zerberus; 11-14-2004, 07:45 AM.
                        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

KK downing has a hamer 36 fretter. thats the only other one ive seen. its on his guitars vid at judaspriest.com
                          Last edited by ex-250; 11-15-2004, 02:28 PM.
                          Originally posted by Aceman
                          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
                          X