Dimebag guitar ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag guitar ID

Holy sweet jesus, I saw this guitar in the Dimebag edition of Guitar World last year. He was playing it live and I saw it and fell in love with it. Mainly because of the headstock, Its kinda Jackson/ESP pointy-ish. I saw him playing it in this video and also pooped myself. So yeah its in the video. If someone can ID it that would be wonderful

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is still cant get the youtube thing to work, so heres a link :/
    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
    Vox NightTrain 50.
    My Band

Re: Dimebag guitar ID

I don't know anything about it, but did some googling and found this with some more pics.

Comment

Ummm, some people have said its a washburn. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm There are no pictures of just the headstock and this is making my mad
      88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
      Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
      Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
      Vox NightTrain 50.
      My Band

Comment

That's a Dean ML, with a Washburn neck. Yes, this was still a few years before his Washburn deal. Go the the Dean forums, and you'll find all kinds of information on it, I'm sure.

Comment

it was a dean ml with a badly cracked neck.

"terry at longhorn guitars in ft.worth(off lancaster at the time)steamed the neck off,and replaced it with a washburn neck.

then ric dupshtat(bad spelling)painted it. if i remember correctly, he originally painted over the side markers,and had to touch it up backstage before a gig. after the show,darrell had paint all over his hands.

it's been a while since i watched the home videos,but is this the same guitar he is slinging around at the beach? "look,i'm steve vai!"

Here's a pic of the Washburn necks.

Comment

Ah very cool! I've wondered about that guitar, myself.

Comment

Clearly put by whatshisname, thx for the background story.

Clearly a Dean ML-body with a Washburn neck put on reversed indeed.
              R.I.P. DIME!
              "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by whatshisname View Post
                it's been a while since i watched the home videos,but is this the same guitar he is slinging around at the beach? "look,i'm steve vai!"
                Yep

Comment

Working...
                X