X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Somebody dropped my Tele

sorry about your bummer rich
    i hope you can let the emotion fade
    just another small toll to pay on your highway to heaven that you and mrs_s have earned for your amazing compassionate choices ... those of us who know you still admire the hell out of you, friend
    better days
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Well for what it's worth, if it were a Les Paul it would probably be a headless model after that kind of dealio....
      Last edited by guitarded; 12-20-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Varg View Post
        So much for teles being indestructible.

j/k but it doesn't look that bad, after a few years playing time it'll blend in nicely.
        Yea.. Try that with Les Paul or SG and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
          Maybe you can get the kid a job in the Fender custom shop...
          big LOL

Rich - I know it's just me, but if I saw something like that on one of my guitars, I wouldn't really care about the guitar. I might care about my child learning to take responsibility for goof-ups, etc, but the guitar still works, and nobody but you cares what it looks like.

That's just my take on it.

If the guitar was functionally damaged, it may upset me, but it's not, so it wouldn't. It's like a scratch on a truck - who cares? And why? Resale? Forget about it.
          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
            big LOL

Rich - I know it's just me, but if I saw something like that on one of my guitars, I wouldn't really care about the guitar. I might care about my child learning to take responsibility for goof-ups, etc, but the guitar still works, and nobody but you cares what it looks like.

That's just my take on it.

If the guitar was functionally damaged, it may upset me, but it's not, so it wouldn't. It's like a scratch on a truck - who cares? And why? Resale? Forget about it.
            Like a car.. I have found it's that first ding on a guitar that hurts the deepest..... My main guitar these days was a wreck, cosmetically speaking, to begin with so I am free of worry From about 10 feet away it looks super and that is as close as I like people to be to me when I'm playing anyway.

Comment

I feel for you but over time maybe you'll forgive and almost forget. Remember the fist big chunk taken out of my LP...boy was I upset until I saw auction catalogue for Skinner. It had several relics that looked like they had been through a couple of wars but I sure would have taken them in a heartbeat. It isn't what it looks like (unless it's a collectors piece) but how it plays and sounds. Hopefully one day you and your kid (s) can laugh about the whole incident.

Comment

At first glance I was like "heck, I like it better that way", but the fact is, if it were my guitar, I'd freak out. I think what the others say is most true. Keep it in the case. If you can lock the case, even better. If a kid really wants to check out the guitar it won't matter if it's in the case or hanging on the wall, but in the case it won't be there for all to see, for all to think, and for all to hear those little voices that say "I'm soooo cool. Come pick me up....c'mon, nothin'll happen!"
                My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

I understand a bit of the frustration. My 4 year old dropped an Aria travel electric onto my Korean Archtop p-90 FT. He was "learning" to play. It dinged the top. While neither are worth a lot comparatively, I am really careful with stuff. It is hard when the kids want to be a part of your hobbies but are not there with being able yet. Now, as an old fart with grand kids it is hard. But when this face looks at you and sincerely says "Sorry" and looks sorry ...

And my other kids have hidden things like this as well. So did I when I was a kid. But really

Sorry

Another ...

Comment

Originally posted by kjrocks View Post
                    I can understand your anger but honestly to me, I dont think it looks that bad. Unless it was going to be a collectors piece I wouldnt do a thing about it. The neighbor kid is a different issue all together.
                    See, now you don't have to feel guilty when you beat the crap out of him, cuz it's your kid!

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
                    You've only put 10 years into that child, there's still time to ship them off to boarding school and try again for a better child.
                    We've got to start reading the whole thread. She was more like a witness than a guilty party.
                    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

This reminds me of when I was 13 fooling around with my cousins 84 Gibson Flying V. He had refinished it cause the nicks that he had put in it drove him nuts. Was this wine red color. He was obessive about polishing it.

In a stroke of brilliance one day I had strapped it on and was headed into the hallway to admire how cool i was in the mirror and wound up bumping the lower bout on the door jam. Took a nice dime sized ding out of the paint. In a moment of mcgyver like genius I went into my aunts room and dug around in her nail polish and combined 3 colors to get a match. Was almost perfect just a small line from where the nail polish wasnt as thick as the paint.

To my great relief and amazement it passed his inspection when he came home a few hours later.

About a week later he was polishing it and the nail polish hazed. He blamed the place that had painted it thinking it was a defect. He ranted about that for months
                      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie's ghost View Post
                        For some time the Chinese government has been promoting a domestic policy called "One Child". The idea as that, with a few special exceptions, every couple is allowed to have at most one child. The main advantage is that you always know which one did it.

As for the guitar, knocking that big chunk of poly off sounds like a good start.
                        LMAO

sorry about your guitar dude....im just laughing at the chineese theory thing
                        I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

opps... i know how excited you were to get that tele...

Comment

It would have gotten a ding somewhere, sooner or later. I take good care of my guitars (including a Tele). They still get marks, dents and dings over time. Despite all our best efforts, stuff will happen.
                            Les Paul Custom, Telecaster, Stratocaster, GS330S

Comment

Working...
                            X