New guitar scuffs, how much off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New guitar scuffs, how much off?

Hmm.. Yeah, its a "new" trad pro, but has a rub, and some rash.. Ill try to work em down more.. They are Richards there at that store tho about that kinda thing.. I once tried to buy a tele there. had a wicked ding in it and had been on the floor for a LONG time.. I offered them like $100 less (maybe 50) than they were asking and they said no. Said they would return it to the warehouse before they could lower it that much.

I really doubt I get approved.. so prolly a moot point. (thread)

By the way. I keep comparing it to other Trad pros and it sounds less muddy and more crisp. I found out why.. the tag says both pups are 57 classics.. The other ones have a Burstbucker (3 I think) in the bridge..

Are the 57 classics ok for heavy? I couldnt stop playing blues riffs when I test it..
    Last edited by BloodRose; 12-31-2010, 10:20 PM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I give my customers 10% off tag price on floor models that have anything other than pick swirls on them (pressure dings, chips, scratches that can't be buffed out), if it's not already clearance or scratch/dent priced.

I always try to get instruments that are new in the box, but I understand that sometimes THAT ONE sounds and feels just right.
      Last edited by B2D; 12-31-2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

They knocked $100 off and gave me 3 paks of strings and a set of straplocks..

He offered to order me a new one, but I didnt want to take the chance it may not sound or feel as good. Besides, maybe now I wont be so paranoid about scuffing it..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
          Soooo... did you buy it!?
          yep!!!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

it is amazing what passes for new at guitar center...do they just throw the boxes off the truck?.....i turned down several cabs befor they got me a couple that didnt have dented corners.....i have seen a mesa combo amp that looked like some one had kicked their foot through the grill...on the shelf for sale....as new...discounted of course.
            play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

I love buying dinged up guitars for less..... I think every guitar I have ever owned fell under this heading....

I am not one to look and polish them though, Guns, Trucks, Guitars.... use them like they're supposed to be used!

Wise choice if it speaks to you.... thats worth any price.
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by ravendouglas View Post
                it is amazing what passes for new at guitar center...do they just throw the boxes off the truck?.....i turned down several cabs befor they got me a couple that didnt have dented corners.....i have seen a mesa combo amp that looked like some one had kicked their foot through the grill...on the shelf for sale....as new...discounted of course.
                True! Sad thing is with this axe, when I first tried it, there was only a tiny little rub mark by the front strap button. Thats it.. In the days that followed, there was some rash added to the back and on the underside from some @$$wipe being careless with keys. Thats what makes me most upset. I fell in love with her at first play and so it feels like someone violated my girlfriend..

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                I love buying dinged up guitars for less..... I think every guitar I have ever owned fell under this heading....

I am not one to look and polish them though, Guns, Trucks, Guitars.... use them like they're supposed to be used!

Wise choice if it speaks to you.... thats worth any price.
                yeah, again he offered to get me a new one, but this one really feels and sounds special to me.. I wasnt even real crazy about wine red.. I wanted black or now maybe a goldtop, but this one just has mojo.. It had to be her.
                I compared back to back with a couple of black ones and they red one was more clear and articulate sounding. plus, the back of the neck feels more glossy like a regular standard and not the matte feel of the normal trad pros.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

That last part means that she had seen a lot more play than the others, IIRC that's how all neck get after some playing, the finish is rubbed to a gloss.

Another sign that there were a lot other people that thought she was special
                  Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                  I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                  Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                  Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X