2 dist into one amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 dist into one amp

Hi people, what do you think about this... if i put a pedal crunch sound into amplifier and i turn on also the internal distortion of ampl i get a double distorted sound. This sound it's very strange. Can this bring damage to ampl or it works like a normal distortion?

Thanks, bye
    Ste
    Ast bilak parbilakar

Re: 2 dist into one amp

No, it will probably not damage the amp, but it probably WILL sound like poo!
    What are you trying to achieve, exactly?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I need this since i've to use both external distortion for lead guitar and internal one for rytmic guitar. When i've to exchange from one to the other i need to push 2 button with one foot!!!
      Will this damage my amply during time? I thinks should be only sound bad.

Stupid nanotechnology!
      Ast bilak parbilakar

Comment

LOL!

Yes, unfortunately, you will have to tap dance, unless you get a switching system ...
        It's not such a big deal to get the sound you want.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
          No, it will probably not damage the amp, but it probably WILL sound like poo!
          What are you trying to achieve, exactly?
          My thoughts exactly! Use an OD (w/ proper care) over an amp's distortion for a nice throaty tone!

Comment

It's common and you won't ruin the amp. On tube amps, it drives the first preamp tube pretty hard, but that just means you should change that tube at least once a year.

The best formula for what you're looking for is to set your amp's gain to the perfect heavy rhythm tone, then use an OD/Dist pedal with the volume high and the gain set fairly low. Bring the gain up slowly till your gain is tight focused and not muddy.
            Gain 3 tone 3 volume 7 as a guideline.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Alternatively, Fulltone have the Full-Drive 2(?) and Fat-Boost, which have a boost function - as do other brands, which could do the trick?

Bee
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
                Alternatively, Fulltone have the Full-Drive 2(?) and Fat-Boost, which have a boost function - as do other brands, which could do the trick?
                Bee
                I use them both, and theoretically, you're right; but with more gain, you get less volume boost from the Fat Boost ...

Comment

Ahh ok.

Also, if your amp has a footswitch with more than one mode you can have a rhythm tone then kick the switch for a lead tone (Mesa calls it 'countour', right?)

Bee
                  Originally posted by Kanye West
                  Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Thanks but i didn't mean how to make all dist run simultaneous but how to switch from one to another without having lead moments and not with 2 dist running together.

I'll try making them running together to listent to the throaty sound :-)

Bye
                    Ste
                    Ast bilak parbilakar

Comment

I've also another question: how can i know when it's time to change the amp's valve?
                      Ast bilak parbilakar

Comment

Working...
                      X