Fender HMT Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender HMT Bass

WHat do guys know about the Fender HMT P bass semi hollow body basses? I know they were made in Japan but I don't know the years they were made or about how many. The reason I ask is because there was one at the show that peaked my interest. It was selling for $450 is that a good deal? It plays nice, medium action, no fret buzz, and sounded good thru an amp. I know its unlike most Fenders with the hocky stick headstock, I thought it was kinda cool. Let me hear what you think or what you know on this bass.......Thanks

BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
    Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
    Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
    Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
    Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
    Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
    Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
    Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
    Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
    Gibson EBO

Re: Fender HMT Bass

Good instruments, but I'd try to talk the price down a little bit. easier said than done, but i think its necessary.

Comment

BassMedic, are you near Tampa? there is one up on craigslist in the area you could look at.
      88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
      Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
      Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
      Vox NightTrain 50.
      My Band

Comment

I know nothing about it, but a string through, semi-hollow for $450 sounds pretty cool, especially if there's any haggle room.
        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Here is some more pics of the bass the guy still has it for sale, I asked for some clear pics
          Gibson EBO

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
            Good instruments, but I'd try to talk the price down a little bit. easier said than done, but i think its necessary.
            Where do you get this crap?!

Do you try and talk everybody down no matter what they are asking or what they have????
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

The Fender HMT basses are rather rare...made in Japan between 1990 and 1993.

Very high quality as all Fender Japan from that (or any other) period.

Lace Sensor P style pickup and a piezo pickup in the acoustic style bridge.

Controls are a master volume, a TBX toner control and a blend pot for magnetic/piezo or a blend of the 2 any way you want it.

They might have only been available in that colour as I have never seen one that was not that metallic red.

I have a Fender catalog from 1992 and aMSRP was just under a grand then and the last few I've saeen for sale were priced in the 700-800 range so the price he is asking is more than fair.

They look a little hair band but I'd imagine that sound quite good. I believe they came wiht a hardshell case as well.
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Ok cool, I have been doing some research since my first post and figure the price is good. I didn't know the production years so thanks my friend. I did find it in black, and sunburst although I don't know what years that they were offered.

Gibson EBO

Comment

I think I'm gonna pick it up this week, thanks for all the input.
                  Gibson EBO

Comment

That is real nice looking. Happy Birthday indeed huh?
                    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                    Guitar to sound output:
                    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Very nice looking bass...I don't recall seeing that one with you at the show though Steve...
                      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I know I snuck away from you and Aceman for few minutes to look at the finer things in life....."Basses".......LOL!
                        Gibson EBO

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Thanks, John (STATDELUXER97) and I should be going over to the east coast of Florida for a mini road trip to pick this beauty up sometime next week. I will show more pics when I get it home.
                            Gibson EBO

Comment

I can hardly wait until Thursday, Johnny (STRATDELUXER97) and I are going on a 3 1/2 hour trip to the eastcoast to pick up my new bass. I will show some pics of the trip and the bass. The more I read about the bass the more I want it, I hate waiting lol!
                              Gibson EBO

Comment

Working...
                              X