help me with my tremelo please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me with my tremelo please

i bought an used american strat last week and its the first guitar ive had with a tremelo bridge. i went out to buy some heavy gauge strings for it to replace the ones on it i think were medium light or regular gauge. since the heavys are more tight they keep pulling my bridge way up when i try to tune them. what can i do to fix this?

thanks
    The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Re: help me with my tremelo please

Remove the backplate to expose the trem cavity. In the cavity, you'll see the trem block, springs and claw. The claw anchors the springs to the body, and will have a couple of screws mounted into the body. To bring the bridge down to the angle you want, tighten these claw springs. This will drag the block forward toward the claw and bring the bridge down.

Remember that heavier gauge springs will also require intonation adjustment and possibly a reworking of the nut and tweak to the truss rod.
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

wow thanks a lot man!

i never thought i would by a strat(cept for maybe a fat strat)but i went to a closed door sale and saw this american one for 490 with case (sunburst with maple fretboard) and i had to try it out, and i loved it.
      The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

Cool. The cool thing about strats is they are easily moddable, don't break when you drop them (or even throw them), and sound great. Enjoy!
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Working...
        X