Yep...again...Edwards LPC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep...again...Edwards LPC?

I know this has been discussed several times, but I've been jonesing for a white LPC something fierce, lately. So far, my favorite feeling/sounding has been my 73, which has a somewhat slim Norlin neck (a bit thinner across the board than most of the '60s' I've played but with a bit more rounded profile) and a pretty high neck angle, meaning the break angle on the ABR-1 is pretty steep and I like it. I know I don't like the fat-ish profile on the newer ones, as I let an 05 go last year for that reason, and my 81 had to go because the cutaway radius wasn't right and made the 22nd fret harder to reach than the average LP. I figure if I were to find a 74, I'd be in heaven, but also in the poor house. So, I see these:

nevermind whether they're made 100% in Japan or cut in China/finished in Japan, whatever, but does anybody have any real experience with these vs some of the 70s models? It sure looks like a lot of guitar for the money and if I were to let some of my other stuff go, I could definitely be in one of these, no problem. Obviously, the pickups aren't T Tops, but I like the ABR-1 style bridge, the ebony board, the long tenon...

Does anybody have any real experience with these? It's not like they're exactly hanging all over the walls in shops here in the US.

Re: Yep...again...Edwards LPC?

The real question is, will they deliver to a ship in the middle of the ocean?

Comment

They are good guitars, well made and look the part. To me they are brighter, more treble and less thick than their Gibson counterparts. Similar sound, but just not as big sounding. The one's I had were also very light.

Comment

AND I would be worried about it being a counterfeit beings that it's coming from overseas. Especially at that price.
        My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
        or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
        http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
        700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

That price is a little high, most Japanese sellers on ebay are selling them for around $989 + $130 shipping. I know its just a few bucks, but IMO when the price on these creeps up over $1,000 they start to become less of a bargain. For double that you can get the real thing (used).

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot View Post
            That price is a little high, most Japanese sellers on ebay are selling them for around $989 + $130 shipping. I know its just a few bucks, but IMO when the price on these creeps up over $1,000 they start to become less of a bargain. For double that you can get the real thing (used).
            Amen. These guitars used to be so much cheaper not even four years ago. I got an LPC for about 750 + 100 shipping.
            For people feeling the need to try something experimental.
            http://myspace.com/kchoq

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
              The real question is, will they deliver to a ship in the middle of the ocean?
              Well yea, the description even says so.

US$ 140.00 OCEANIA area

Comment

Originally posted by Ball&Chain View Post
                i laughed.

formula73, i wish i could give you more info but haven't played one.
                as i understand it's a long-tenon full solid-body with a nitro finish (and the body and board binding match on the white one) and can be had for under a thou, i'll be considering one of these myself once i've made some room

Comment

Originally posted by Ball&Chain View Post
                  That's funny. I didn't even see that.

Comment

Be in Randy heaven with this one

I've been looking at these LPC's for a while. I've got my eye on a P90 black beauty, the best part is all Edwards come stock with Duncans

Comment

I don't plan on having it sent out here, guys! I don't even know what Oceania (?) is! I plan on getting back and getting rid of the Electra 335, a nice Burny SG, and probably my Framus Cobra so I can pick up something smaller. I don't have the room that I used to. Hopefully, I can turn those 3 things into one of these LPCs, a Mig50 or something, and a 212. Also, I'm not worried about it not being a real Gibson. I would hope that it'd feel better than the new ones. Mine had an awful, fat-shouldered neck that was awkward in any position. My 81s were better, but I know they have that funky cutaway. I see these go all the way to 22 and supposedly have a smaller than '50s' neck, so it all looks good on paper, you know?

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot View Post
                      They are good guitars, well made and look the part. To me they are brighter, more treble and less thick than their Gibson counterparts. Similar sound, but just not as big sounding. The one's I had were also very light.
                      That's a good thing because I like a brighter tone and that particular auction showed the guitar at 8.5 ish pounds-not too awfully light for a LPC. That was what initially attracted me to my Traditional Pro and part of the reason I let my 05 Custom go. I just posted that one because it was the model I'm interested in. If I do decide to take that leap, I'll be sure to find one that's a little less. I imagine a few years back when they were cheaper was probably when the dollar was a little stronger.

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                      Be in Randy heaven with this one

I've been looking at these LPC's for a while. I've got my eye on a P90 black beauty, the best part is all Edwards come stock with Duncans
                      Yeah, that's the model I'm looking at but the cheeseball satin gold hardware has got to go.
                      Last edited by formula73; 02-06-2011, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Oceania is the continent. Australia is a country.

Comment

Oceania is a region centered on the islands of the tropical Pacific Ocean. Conceptions of what constitutes Oceania range from the coral atolls and volcanic islands of the South Pacific (ethnologically divided into the subregions of Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia) to the entire insular region between Asia and the Americas, including Australasia and the Malay Archipelago. The term is sometimes used more specifically to denote a continent comprising Australia and proximate islands, or biogeographically as a synonym for either the Australasian ecozone (Wallacea and Australasia) or the Pacific ecozone (Melanesia, Polynesia, and Micronesia apart either from New Zealand or from mainland New Guinea).

Comment

I had an Edwards JS model and liked it very much.. would buy another in a second.. Played great, felt great and sounded great. Just had the thicker, glossier finish. but came with Duncans and great fretwork. (keep in mind its a division of ESP) They have really gone up in price tho..
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Those are pretty badass, too, but to what would you compare the neck shape? 50s? 60s? Square? Round? Leaning towards one or the other but not exactly either? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X