to buy or...to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to buy or...to buy

Ok guys, I need some good advise...I have put a lot of time into deciding what the "PREFECT" strat would be for me...then I put more time into finding a builder that would build it the way I wanted...then I had all the money for the down payment, leaving only a few hundred dollars to be paid after the guitar was complete...then I had to spend quite a bit of that money on my car This is my questino to you guys, should I just wait until I've made that money back and do the guitar I was gonna order, or should I take the money I have left and just throw in the towel, and get a different (much cheeper) strat, if I do that, I know which one it would be,. I played it several days ago, and It is very nice...but it's not perfect. So...put simply, should I just save up my money again...or should I just pull the trigger on the other guitar?

Thanks
    The guy who invented
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: to buy or...to buy

I'd say it basically depends on the kind of situation you're in right now and how desperately you feel you need a new guitar. If it were me I'd probably wait until I had the money so I could get it just perfect, but everyone's different. I think this isnt a question anyone else can really answer for you.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    THIRD STONE

http://www.purevolume.com/thirdstone

Comment

if you get the near perfect one you'll still want the perfect one, and prolly end up getting it months later

so i'd just wait & get the one you want
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

wait and get what you want.

Comment

Why not buy the strat you dig, and Then make whatever changes it need to make it perfect? Or Just Buy the parts from warmoth and Build it? I've done the warmoth thing a few times now. And I gotta tell you, you'll never find a better guitar for the money. Yeah you gotta do alotta work (assembly and whatnot) but thats half the fun.
          www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
          I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Definitely wait and get the perfect one. The little time you spend waiting wont bother you after you have it.

Comment

Working...
            X