ESP Mirage ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP Mirage ???

Cool, thanks Hot_Grits. I thought you'd know about it.

Just popped out to have another look at the guitar.

I know it's cheap for an ESP (US$380 or thereabouts) but I realised that it's not really me.

I'd like a Tele-Gib, and would be happy to have an ESP one, but it has that big mirrored reflector (yeah, I could probably get it off the gat) on it, and it has a Floyd Rose. Nothing wrong with having a Floyd but I'd prefer a Tele-Gib to be hard-tail.

Given I don't play much heavy music anymore I also came to the conclusion that I probably wouldn't use it much. I also have a H-S-H mahogany/maple guitar anyways...so in the end decided not to buy it.

How much was the Vernon Maverick guitar going for?

Comment

Dunno. Eddie at Cadenza never tell you what his guitars are selling for, He's a bit odd like that.
      Originally posted by Jolly
      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Huh? How do you pay then, just write him a blank cheque and take the guitar?

Comment

It's, ah, complicated.

Here's how it works (or doesn't): spot a guitar you like and ask how much it's going for. Very occasionally, he'll quote a price. MOST of the time, he'll do one of two things:

-Scratch his chin, and say something along the lines of "well, It's not really for sale. Perhaps if I got the right price..."

-ask you "how much do you think it's worth" -this is his cue that he will eventually, after three to five more questions, he will reveal his asking price. From there, it's a fifty percent chance that you'll end up offering a decent price and he'll turn around and decide it definitely isn't for sale.

-I think what he trys to do is gauge interest and capability to buy, and price on the spot accordingly. Frustrating. Nice enough bloke, though.

I wonder how he pays the rent. Maybe his shop is equivalent to the pointless little specialty stores you see around wher I live, that seem to be no use to anyone except as a tax writeoff for Daddy/Hubby...

Comment

the tele ESP's were called Eclipse's

and in some non USA markets the M series is referred to as the maverick .. though the mavs I remember from way back were a bit different than the M of that period.

There may have been a mirage tele type thang ... but I'm unable to recall seeing one... I do remember these eclipses though.
            "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
              It's, ah, complicated.
              Here's how it works (or doesn't): spot a guitar you like and ask how much it's going for. Very occasionally, he'll quote a price. MOST of the time, he'll do one of two things:
              -Scratch his chin, and say something along the lines of "well, It's not really for sale. Perhaps if I got the right price..."
              -ask you "how much do you think it's worth" -this is his cue that he will eventually, after three to five more questions, he will reveal his asking price. From there, it's a fifty percent chance that you'll end up offering a decent price and he'll turn around and decide it definitely isn't for sale.
              Dude, that sounds like a side quest in an rpg!!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Well, the introduction of a twenty-sided dice may actually bring the greater possibility of a tangible result...

Comment

Working...
                X