Hardtail select, C1 Blackjack, or Peavey HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardtail select, C1 Blackjack, or Peavey HP

I'm looking to get my second guitar. Unlike a lot of people, I am not a gear hound. I prefer to keep everything simple. I have 1 guitar now, an Ibanez with Dimarzio's that I use for blues. I want something different for harder stuff, classic rock, hard rock, etc. I have it narrowed down to those 3 choices. The only advantage to any being the Schecter already has Duncans in it, and would not require a pick up change. The other 2 would. My rig is a Fender Cyber Deluxe, a tube screamer and thats it. Please give me your opnions on these 3 guitars to help me make my decision. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hardtail select, C1 Blackjack, or Peavey HP

Have you considered a Hamer Studio? There's one on Ebay right now with a "buy it now" price of $550, which is a killer deal. Generally, you can pick them up used for $600-$650 or so, and they are the best hardtail guitars I've ever tried. As a bonus, they come stock with Duncan pickups. Here's a pic of mine...

I haven't kept up with Peavey's offerings lately, but I think the imported HP's were going to be available before the American ones were. I'd buy a used Hamer before I'd buy anything made overseas. I've heard some good things about the Schecter, but I've never tried one myself. I have no idea what a Hardtail Select is or who makes it, so I can't help you with that one.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
    X