Re: Taylor 214CE

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    Nice! Maybe you'll get a gold top!!
    Sold my R6 gold top 2 years ago.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I like Taylor acoustics - they feel good and they sound really nice in a specifically unique Taylor way that I happen to like very much.

Right then. I would now like to say that wood doesn't care how it got shaped to the shape it is, as long as the shape it is is the shape it needs to be. Taylor is good at that and their guitars are very consistently well-made. But, on the off-chance that wood does somehow pick up a vibe, from the hands that shaped it, send it to me and I'll viberize it. Yes, brother, I will anoint my hands with sweat, tears, and even, yes, even blood, and I will lay them upon that guitar in the spirit of luthiery and the name of Christian Frederick Martin, Sr. and I will cause that guitar to BREATHE!! Yes, when I am done, new life will come into its members, and its parts, yea even its components, and they will vibrate as ONE!!

Comment

Takamines are also worth a look in that price range, at least older ones. I have two and really like them, not to mention they took considerable abuse without complaining. Never played a newish one.

Comment

You guys are all lame. Everybody knows that real men play Guild.
          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Guild falls right between Martin and Taylor for me.

Playability continuum (low to high):
            Martin --- Guild --- Taylor

Richness of Tone continuum (low to high):
            Taylor --- Guild --- Martin

If you want a guitar that plays better than a Martin but sounds better than a Taylor, you get a Guild.

If you are shopping used, look for a Guild that was made in Westerly, RI.

If not, just remember to ignore their GAD line - they are poor representatives of what Guild is about.
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

I like the Seagull Maritime Rosewood much better than a cheap Martin or a lowend Taylor. The Guilds are nice also. I agree the Larrivee is a much better guitar than a Taylor. The older Taylors sounded much better than the current ones. Same for he Martins.

Comment

how old? mine is a 98 or 99. I think it is one of the few guitars I never needed to readust due to climate change. but then the ric 660/12 stays away the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by ParameterMan View Post
                  I like Taylor acoustics - they feel good and they sound really nice in a specifically unique Taylor way that I happen to like very much.

Right then. I would now like to say that wood doesn't care how it got shaped to the shape it is, as long as the shape it is is the shape it needs to be. Taylor is good at that and their guitars are very consistently well-made. But, on the off-chance that wood does somehow pick up a vibe, from the hands that shaped it, send it to me and I'll viberize it. Yes, brother, I will anoint my hands with sweat, tears, and even, yes, even blood, and I will lay them upon that guitar in the spirit of luthiery and the name of Christian Frederick Martin, Sr. and I will cause that guitar to BREATHE!! Yes, when I am done, new life will come into its members, and its parts, yea even its components, and they will vibrate as ONE!!
                  LOL!!!

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                  You guys are all lame. Everybody knows that real men play Guild.
                  Makes me think of being guilded.. (sp?) ouch.

A former pastor of mine who had a bonafide rock background and could play the fire outta a guitar, had one of the big Guild 12 strings (D55?) and it sounded amazing.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                    You guys are all lame. Everybody knows that real men play Martins.
                    Fixed
                    Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                    Originally posted by Zerberus
                    Better is often the enemy of good
                    Originally posted by ginormous
                    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                      I love Taylors. I have a hard time believing all of their wood comes from Larivee reject wood. \.

I call horse **** on that one, whatever larrivee fan boy posted it origianlly.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

They're both in CA, I wouldn't put it past the two companies going in together on wood orders to get a better rate with the larger orders, but beyond that I can't see that being correct.

Comment

Even if it's true to a small degree, I'd say we're talking about the 800-900 series that are still handcrafted... Of course Taylor punches out WAY more guitars than Larrivee...

At the custom level, pickiness is on a whole different scale. I've pilfered through pallets of really good wood and only grabbed a slab here and there...

In that sense of the term, I "rejected" the rest...
                          ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

I just bought one today and I love it!!!!!!!
                            Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Working...
                            X