Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB/2 vs JB/UOA5 ... Questions

1. How would you compare the two?

2. Do both have a tighter low end than the stock JB?

3. Were I to install 2 rows of screws (ala: AH-1) in the UOA5, how would that sound? Is that mod worth it (regardless of magnet)?

(It would most likely be going in Alder or Poplar, playing Hard Rock)

Re: JB/2 vs JB/UOA5 ... Questions

youll get more answers in the pickup lounge.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

crap how the hell did that happen! lol

**Can a mod move this to the appropriate are, please?**

Comment

I'll answer it here, the JB2 SEEMS to be tighter/less flabby on the lows to me, probably because it doesn't have as much, but it's not a tight pickup, and it's not as loud. It takes away the JB scream and turns it into more of a growl, and it has a nice compression, but without sounding dull/muffled like the CC. I think you'd love it for what you're gonna use it for, this is the best of the JB's, to me.

I was playing doom metal with it in mahogany, just as a disclaimer.

The UOA5 JB is nice too, but more like the stock model. It keeps some of the scream, but makes it more manageable/tolerable, mid/low mids are boosted to where it has some of the growl of the JB2, kinda makes it fuller, EQ wise, I guess. I didn't notice much, if any, difference in the lows or output from stock. This would be a starting point, I think. If you like where this takes you and want more, then go to the A2.

The double screws will make it smoother by conventional wisdom, which to me would be overkill with a JB2, which is already pretty damn smooth compared to what I'm used to.
        Last edited by King IzzO))); 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X