No announcement yet.

Anyone ever use an allparts pickguard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever use an allparts pickguard?

I'm trying to find a pickguard for my SG since I hacked the stock one (oops!) making the Diablo fit. Now I'm using the Diablo in another guitar and I'd like to keep the 5 layer, but the only one I can find is WD, for $20 more than a 3 layer from Allparts, eh, not worth it. Is the allparts job a good piece, I'd rather not make new holes.

Re: Anyone ever use an allparts pickguard?

Never used an SG pickguard from them, but I did have one, from them, on a lawsuit Ibanez '70s style Flying V. It didn't require any new holes, at least in that particular guitar.

Comment

I've used a couple on teles & an Esquire with no problemo.
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

I used one on a Strat, no problems.

Comment

Worked well on a tele I used to have.

Comment

I've used a couple on Teles. No problem with the hole positions. Just needed a little shaving here and there around the neck pocket. Otherwise fine. I'd challenge anyone to tell the difference between that and an OEM guard.
            -
            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
              I'd challenge anyone to tell the difference between that and an OEM guard.
              I agree. In fact, I thought my V was all stock, until I took it apart. Kind of pissed me off a bit at first, but in the end, I didn't care. All of the other parts were original, and it sounded, played, and looked great.

Comment

If you use a Strat with a 22-fret board that hangs over, AVOID the Allparts 5-layer pickguards, unless you don't mind the neck being being angled back and having to raise your saddles a lot higher. I don't know if this is a typical issue or if 5-layer guards are typically thicker than stock, but it really messed things up for me.

Comment

I have an allparts bakerlite guard on my tele which is great. AllParts do some great things and are more realistically priced than WD in the UK.
                  "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Working...
                  X