Alright guys, name me some amps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traynor YCV-80 2x12"

Traynor YCV-80: For what your doing the the 2 x 12" model would probably work better, than the 4 x 10" version. Traynor makes a 2 x 12" extension cabinet that fits right under the amp. Going that route you could use either just the 2 x 12's in the amp, or have 4 x 12's when you need more stage volume.

Sprinter
    Collings: '08 001-mhsb
    Dean: '02 Hardtail
    Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
    Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
    Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
    G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
    Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
    Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
    PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

Re: Alright guys, name me some amps...

Definitely looking at Traynors, but aren't they more similar to Fender tone-wise? I could be completely mistaken so please correct me if I'm off base.

About keeping the POD, that will be adding nearly $700 to the amp fund (Xt Pro with all the model packs), so I probably wont be able to. Assuming the new amp sounds good I'll get a mic and pre and be good .
      After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by FretFire
        Definitely looking at Traynors, but aren't they more similar to Fender tone-wise? I could be completely mistaken so please correct me if I'm off base.
        If you head over to Musicians Friend I believe they have sound samples up for some of the Traynor amps.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Cool, thanks .

Comment

lemme know if you want a custom 2 channel head, with boost.

germ
            Jeremy Ledford
            Tone Guru Extroardinaire
            Tone Shop

Comment

Bogner Shiva.

Comment

Check out Rivera Knuckleheads too. Amazing amps whichare extremely versitile.
                Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

MESA / BOOGIE MARK IV HEAD into a 2x12 and you'll be laughing buddy!

Comment

The Mark IV is very high on my list actually. Do you mean a head version (which I haven't found any examples of), or run the combo out into a 2x12?

Thanks for the Rivera mention, hadn't thought of that yet.

The Bogner Shiva seems to be a bit outside my price range, but would be killer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lastwinj
                      lemme know if you want a custom 2 channel head, with boost.

germ
                      Can I get more information than that perhaps? Thanks.

Comment

Gorilla
                        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Do you need Channel switching, or do you rill the volume back for cleans? A Dave Bray Plexi is one hell of a good sounding amp. Splawn also mods Plexi's with channel switching options. Daves tone is more pure Plexi and Splawn mods are a bit more modern in their tone. A used Roccaforte coud be had for your bucks, they are an amazing amp as well.
                          ]
                          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by FretFire
                            Yeah, I'm using a POD XT Pro in my rack right now, so if I stay with Line 6 it will definitely be a Vetta. I want to get some nice tube recommendations too, as I've never owned a tube amp before.

fret...may check out the splawns...you get great tone with some great options at a fair price...

EVH is GOD

check out the Splawn Fans Forum at http://splawnfans.proboards38.com

Comment

Thanks guys, those are going down on the "to look up" list. 2 or more channels would be a plus. Right now, the top contenders are the Koch Multitone, VHT Pitbull, and Mesa Mark IV. But, I still have a couple months to think, so those are just initial thoughts.

Comment

If you can get out and try a Framus, you may want to consider a Ruby Riot. I've had one for about 4 years now, and it's become my main amp... to the point that I've sold off my vintage AC30s, and my Marshalls. It's the best of both.

It can't touch Fender cleans, it's an EL84 based amp after all, but for an all around amp that can do clean/overdrive/high gain I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find something that can do them all as good.

It's built like a tank too.
                                I considered a Mesa Mk IV just because it was small and handy, but side by side I couldn't give up the tone of the Framus for the added bonus of a third channel.
                                If you want more info let me know and I can go into details.
                                Last edited by tiefightertk069; 11-17-2004, 09:37 AM.
                                My Site
                                My Gear

Comment

Working...
                                X