banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm babysitting a Trademark 120 for a week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm babysitting a Trademark 120 for a week!

So Trademark and Tri AC guys, what are your favorite settings?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: I'm babysitting a Trademark 120 for a week!

Come on, I know that there are some Trademark guys out there. Hoss???
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

i'll check mine out when i get home tonight...to tell you the truth...i don't remember the settings i use...i set it up for a clean tweed sound...a nice marshally ripper, and a pretty good mesa chug...once i got the three channels where i wanted them...i never messed with the controls much, except for volume and the reverb, boost or drive levels...lol!
      Originally posted by jeremy
      God hates bad guitar tone
      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Can't help ya' with the 120, but I sure am curious to here what ya' think of it. Check their website & see if they still a sample setting list....

GEDDY LEE SIGNATURE SANSAMPS LEARN MORE > dUg PINNICK SIGNATURE PEDAL MODEL DP-3X LEARN MORE > RICHIE KOTZEN SIGNATURE FLY RIG MODEL RK5 LEARN MORE > LOOK FOR THIS SYMBOL Purchases from sellers who are not Authorized Tech 21 dealers are at your own risk. Warranty coverage applies only to purchases made through Tech 21 […]

I love my Trademark-60 & PSA-1. As you'll see, the cleans are stellar & the dirty channels are pretty usable replications.

HAVE FUN!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I've got a TradeMark 10 and the settings are all over the place depending on what I want to hear. It would be great if you could save specific settings that work well for you.

I find that the Tweed setting gets pretty bass-heavy as you add gain. On the TM-10 at least, that setting is also significantly lower volume than the other two.

The California setting doesn't really have a clean setting - it just starts dirty and gets better as you add more gain. Personally, I tend to boost the mids with this one but that may be 'coz I'm trying to get Santana-like tone.

I use the British setting the least. You really need to boost the bass and I find a Tubescreamer/OD provides a better sounding crunch than the amp by itself.

Oh, and I have to keep reminding myself that the tone controls are active - a little tweak goes a pretty long way

BTW although it's a TM-10, I run it into a 1x12" Avatar cab with a Tech 21 speaker from a TM-60 in it. It's a damn good setup for practicing, and would be fine for recording if I could ever resolve my computer ground-loop problems.

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
            Oh, and I have to keep reminding myself that the tone controls are active - a little tweak goes a pretty long way Chip
            Good point Chip!!! Yes, when tweaking, the controls are very sensitive...try just a little at a time.

Comment

..............SO, WHATTYA' THINK??????

Comment

I have a Trademark 10, also. One of my favorite settings gives a cool RadioHead kind of sound. Settings are as follows.

Drive - 1/4 turn
                AMP- Tweed
                MOD - Hot
                Speaker - UK
                Low - Slightly more than 3/4 turn
                Mid - Slightly more than 3/4 turn
                High - Maxed out
                Reverb - 1/4 turn
                Level - 1/4 turn

For a home practice amp the T-10 is pretty dern good... I'm sure the 120 is sick!

Enjoy!

Comment

I've got to say that this amp is pretty dang cool. Very broad spectrum of good usable tones, though a bit too bassy at times. It's warmer than I would have expected from a SS. It's also a classy looking amp and solidly built. I wasn't impressed with the reverb however, but it wasn't terrible. It really shines when paired up with another 2x12 v30 cab. After that little note from Jeff Seal about the JCM 600 series, I may be out scouting for a backup amp.....this is in the running.

Comment

Working...
                  X