Without further ado! NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Without further ado! NGD

Since I got my SE singlecut right after new years, I've become a huge SE fan. There's an old Santana at a local music store that no one has bought for ages. I keep waiting for the "just get it out of here" reduction!

That guitar looks great in the photos, so it must be truly amazing in person if your camera sucks! Let us know if you swap the pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
      Since I got my SE singlecut right after new years, I've become a huge SE fan. There's an old Santana at a local music store that no one has bought for ages. I keep waiting for the "just get it out of here" reduction!

That guitar looks great in the photos, so it must be truly amazing in person if your camera sucks! Let us know if you swap the pickups.
      Thanks! You know, it really is a great player. If I were you I'd make 'em an offer.

I will change the pups. I don't know where I will start. Here's what I have to start with.

Bridge:
      Custom any mag
      Custom 59 hubrid
      JB
      DD
      APH-1
      SM-1

Neck: less choices here
      APH-1
      SM-1

Any recomendations as to a starting point?

I'm going to play the pups that are in it for a bit just to see what I can do with them. Then, they will be changed.
      "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Originally posted by 9finger View Post
        Very NICE! I like the Micheal Kelly guitars to, but the headstock is so dam ugly I won't buy one.
        Ouch... I think my Patriot Custom is kinda purty...

Happy NGD!!! Amazing how nice these SEs are
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

that looks nice!

Comment

A couple of better pics have been added.

Comment

Classy!

Comment

Congratulations!! Enjoy.

Comment

Does the Santana have a maple cap like the singlecut? I'm having a JB/Jazz set put into my SE next week, so I'll let you know what I think of that combo in the guitar. I figure, everyone's opinions are so strong about the JB, good or bad, that it must be one interesting pu.

(I know I should do it myself, but I could get a series of shop teachers to testify I should never be allowed near a soldering iron.)

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
                    Does the Santana have a maple cap like the singlecut? I'm having a JB/Jazz set put into my SE next week, so I'll let you know what I think of that combo in the guitar. I figure, everyone's opinions are so strong about the JB, good or bad, that it must be one interesting pu.

(I know I should do it myself, but I could get a series of shop teachers to testify I should never be allowed near a soldering iron.)
                    No. It doesn't have the maple cap.

Don't worry, some peoples talents don't include soldering and such. Just do what you're talented at.

Comment

That's a very understated and classy look, they are great guitars. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                      X