Limp Bizkit :S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limp Bizkit :S

Okay, never been a fan of their music (cept in Year 7 )... but I really dig something about their tone. Something about it is very distinctive and very... strange. I think its the bass. Someone able to pinpoint specifically what I'm thinking about?

Edit: for a more specific example, try 'my way'

Bee
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 11-17-2004, 09:44 AM.
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Limp Bizkit :S

I always thought Wes Borland was a great guitar player and the rest of the band was pretty good as well, it's just Fred Durst I can't stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye
      I always thought Wes Borland was a great guitar player and the rest of the band was pretty good as well, it's just Fred Durst I can't stand.
      +1, Sorta

I don't really like Durst's voice, but he is an excellent frontman.

My sister on the other hand loves his voice (she's 23) as it's rather different in a world full of cookie monster metal vocalists and pop-punk Tom Delong sound alikes.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy

I don't really like Durst's voice, but he is an excellent frontman.

True. For the kind of music Limp Bizkit is doing Fred is an excellent frontman. He's that got that effin' angry/faux sensitive thing down to a tee.

More to the subject, I was disappointed Borland's Eat the Day project never came to fruition.

Comment

I never really liked Fred Durst at all even though I thought the rest of the band was great.

I hear what you're saying about Wes Borland's tone... he has so many different ones though. I haven't heard My Way in such a long time though. He's know to use strange setups on his guitars as well as his amps and effects. I know he's a big fan of octave dividers though... thats how he got that incredibly thick tone on "Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle)"

Comment

Great band, and IMHO, Borland is one of the best rythm guitarists to come around in a long time. This guy's pocket is HUGE.

I don't like Fred Durst though. I really don't like him.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I actually like Limp Bizkit. Ya gotta remember, they were one of the pioneers of their genre. I remember going to see Korn in 1996, and LB opened (before their first album was out). I remember thinking, "Oh, cool, a keyboard player.... hey, wait a minute! That's a DJ! What the hell is a DJ doing in a rock band?!"

I think the thing that sets LB apart is their rhythm section is hella-tight. Their stuff is also incredibly well produced. Wes (thank god he's back) does lots of really neat stuff, too, like two-handed tapping clean tone rhythm parts.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

this is stricktly by memory but if you are refering to the chocolate starfish album, he used prs guitars, mesa rectifiers for his distortion, and roland jc-120s for his clean. his amp set up was always the same. their first 2 albums he used Ibanez 7 strings. but back to starfish. .. he used the mesas on the right and left and added a smaller combo amp (i think it was a fender champ or something) in the middle. He also used a different guitar for that middle channel also. He actually had 3 layers of guitars on the album.
                -Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

-1 for Durst

+1 for Wes

I can not hear it properly but I guess in the studio they might used a seious $10.000+++ FX unit (Eventide Harmonizer or the like) or most likely a wall of them for enhancing the recorded tone of the guitar to get that kind of punch you're probably thinking about. Them processors make a nuclear blast out of a mouse fart. Imagine it with a rather well-set Rectifier. It is not the kind of hi-gain tone I'm into but Wes' tone is among the better nu's I think. It is quite punchy and thick - but it has too much durst
                  Wackor
                  Ørdøg
                  NecroPolo
                  Diabolus in Musica
                  SIDrip Alliance
                  Book of Shadows
                  RKH

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                    I . Ya gotta remember, they were one of the pioneers of their genre. I remember going to see Korn in 1996, and LB opened (before their first album was out).

Actually, 311 beat them to the punch. And hey, No Fred Durst in 311!!
                    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                      Actually, 311 beat them to the punch. And hey, No Fred Durst in 311!!
                      I dig 311, but don't really consider them rap-metal. LB is way heavier.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by NecroPolo

I can not hear it properly but I guess in the studio they might used a seious $10.000+++ FX unit (Eventide Harmonizer or the like) or most likely a wall of them for enhancing the recorded tone of the guitar to get that kind of punch you're probably thinking about.
                        Borland's rig (at two different studio sessions by the looks of things);

Last edited by some_dude; 11-17-2004, 04:03 PM.
                        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                        X