Quick question about f-spaced pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about f-spaced pups

Hi all. When buying pickups with a Floyd equipped guitar, should you buy both neck and bridge f-spaced, or just the bridge? Thanks.

Re: Quick question about f-spaced pups

F-spaced neck pickups do not exist

(Unless of course it´s really a bridge PU in the neck slot)
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

but what about a pickup that can be used for either, like a Dimarzio Paf Pro, that I plan to use as a neck pickup? It can be purchased as either.

Comment

Again, F-spaced + Neck = not the right choice.

F-spaced pickups such as Duncan Trembuckers are designed to be used in teh bridge,the whole bridge, and nothing but the bridge. A standard spaced version can be used for the neck slot if desired.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

For any guitar with a Floyd or Fender spacing, use a tremspaced humbucker, and in the neck, you can use either a regular neck pup or a tremspaced bridge pickup.

I'm kinda interested in seeing a guitar with a nickelcovered tremspaced bridge and nickelcovered reg. neck. If I get another strat, I'm gonna put a HH pickguard in it, and do that. I may even get an H-S-H guard, and get a chromed plastic singlecoil cover for the middle pickup. Probably on a silver strat/black pickguard, rosewood ftbd.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

If you can use either f-spaced or regular in the neck, which one should I get? I just want to get whats best for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              For any guitar with a Floyd or Fender spacing, use a tremspaced humbucker, and in the neck, you can use either a regular neck pup or a tremspaced bridge pickup.

I'm kinda interested in seeing a guitar with a nickelcovered tremspaced bridge and nickelcovered reg. neck. If I get another strat, I'm gonna put a HH pickguard in it, and do that. I may even get an H-S-H guard, and get a chromed plastic singlecoil cover for the middle pickup. Probably on a silver strat/black pickguard, rosewood ftbd.
              I´m sorry Jonesy, but in all my years I´ve never seen an f-spaced Pup line up decently with the strings in the neck position, the 2 outer poles always missed the strings completely.

Standard spaced bridges on the other hand have always worked fine on Floyded axes as a neck....

YMMV, of course, Martie

Comment

My opinion is, when in doubt, go with the Trem spaced one. I've used trem spaced pups in non-trem guitars, and while not perfect, they line up fairly close. Standard spaced in a trem, however, is way more off than the other way around.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                X