Good tube amp reference book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good tube amp reference book?

Hey guys, I think I'd like to ask for a good book or two on tube amps and how they work for Christmas. I have a basic understanding of tube amps, enough to safely discharge the caps, do some mods, and repair simple, obvious problems. But I'd like to learn more about why certain values are selected, what different parts of circuit do, how they can be modded, etc. Does anyone have any good recommendations? Basically, I'm looking for a good teaching/reference book for someone who isn't a total beginner, but not a seasoned pro either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Good tube amp reference book?

Kevin O'Connor is the best writer I know of. His books are constantly referenced.

The Ultimate Tone is the book that kicked off the boutique amp market! 368 pgs; 395 schems. Kevin O'Connor's 1st volume on tube amps - an industry standard.

Comment

either book by Gerold Weber is good...or look for a copy of the RCA tube manual...there are several versions and they are all old...but a great starting point!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Click the revolution link in my signature and get Groove Tubes Amp Book, the newest revised edition. I have it, and it's a good read.

The absolute best guitar book, although it's not a technical amp book, is the
        new BIBLE of guitar......Totally Guitar A Definitive Guide. I've been reading some of that gigantic book. It's the best book on guitar ever written.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X