Play Your Least Played Guitar Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Your Least Played Guitar Day

I thought of something kind of interesting, particularly for those with growing guitar collections.

One day per week, choose your least used guitar. Spend a few hours playing it first and foremost, plugging it into all your amps, and figuring out what you do like about it, and why you bought it in the first place.

Also, maybe clean and restring it, set it up, and even change pickups if you're so inclined.

For the purpose of this thread, post a picture of it, and then report your findings, and any comments you have on the guitar or any changes you made or plan to make.

Do this every week, either with that guitar or a different one, and come back to this thread with a picture, comments, or clips. Feel free to go back and edit posts with further comments if you post a pic before embarking on it.

Now...choose your least played guitar and a day each week. Report back into this thread.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Play Your Least Played Guitar Day

I'll start the ball rolling with my late 90's Korean made subsidiary of Guild....my Dearmond M-72. I love this guitar, but have to admit it doesn't get a lot of play. I'll edit this and comment after my day with it.

Comment

hmm messing with it this whole week, my SG. Love it but drives me nuts. Just swapped on a TP bridge, pulled out the push/pull splits and I've been changing pups like a nut to figure out what is missing sonically for me. Plays great and it is just so comfortable to play but it is just sort of odd man out right now.

Last edited by Wattage; 02-18-2011, 11:32 PM. Reason: added pic
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I've been meaning to restring, setup and clean my two least played guitars for a while now, though I'm doing it so that I can sell them so it's probably for the best if I don't play them. Actually, I don't think it would really make a difference anyway. One of them I never really bonded with and the other I just don't need.

So basically, no.
        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Funny you to mention this. I've been playing a different guitar almost everyday here recently. I was playing my Explorer with Phat Cats in it in drop C a couple of days ago. It sounded great!!

Comment

Everybody choose a guitar and post a pic of it. Pics will let everyone see what everyone's least played is.

Comment

My Tacoma Archtop. It has a kent Armstrong SC mounted on the pickguard and it sounds great for Jazz or even some acoustic work. Cris Mirabella made the pickguard. Right now it really needs nothing(well maybe a set of strings). The Headstock has blistered so I will need to remove the tuners, sand of the laquer and respray it at some time in the future. This was really a cheap guitar and it sounds great.
              Last edited by Bludave; 02-18-2011, 06:21 PM.
              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Do you really want me to open up the tomb of the PRS Mira ?

Comment

Yes, and post a pic. I just realized this should probably be in the Guitar Shop, so if a mod wants to move it, go ahead.

Comment

my least played guitar is my least played for a reason. it's my first guitar which is a '79 Guild S60-D and it not only could use a refret but it's missing the saddle for the low E string on the adjustomatic bridge and i haven't been able to find a replacement saddle for it.

so, not gonna happen. all my other guitars are out hanging on the walls so they get constant play time rotation. i stopped keeping guitars just to have them and hoard them and i only keep ones i really like to play.

here's an old pic of the S60-D....

Last edited by XSSIVE; 02-18-2011, 06:52 PM.
                    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                      my least played guitar is my least played for a reason. it's my first guitar which is a '79 Guild S60-D and it not only could use a refret but it's missing the saddle for the low E string on the adjustomatic bridge and i haven't been able to find a replacement saddle for it.
                      Then take off the low E string, tune it to open G, and play it for a day, figuring out some open G chords or slide riffs. This is all about the least played, so jump in.

That's what I'm doing now with the Dearmond...playing it in open G, practicing slide patterns I haven't explored, into the Green Rhino OD, into the Gibson Goldtone. That's one combo that kicks ass!
                      Last edited by Gearjoneser; 02-18-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

That Guild that Xssive posted is sexy as hell. I love quirky old-school guitars with weird body shapes. More people should take drugs when they're designing ****.

I'll throw up some pics later, probably. It's gonna take me a while to dig these suckers out of my gear corner. They're literally buried under all sorts of crap..
                        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I sell off my least played guitar about every 6 months or so.... and then buy a new one...its fun stuff.
                          Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Pretty much all of my guitars are my "least played" recently...
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Then choose the least played and play it for a day. That's the goal of this thread.
                              Report back with what you think of it......and post a pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X