banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you pick this single cut over a lespaul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pick this single cut over a lespaul?

I would, heard great things about the D'angelico NYSD-9

heres derek trucks with one

Re: Would you pick this single cut over a lespaul?

No, I'm a Les Paul man. That headstock looks like a waste of lumber.
    ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

stylewise? not my style... Can't say if it plays better than a Paul, but it's looks are definitely more suited to jazz. A les paul will fit in just about anywhere though
      dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Beautiful body, but that headstock has got to go....
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

i love that d angelico headstock

i just love em

Comment

in a word...no

Comment

I would but I'm not the bigest fan of LP's.
              I like my necks thin my strats fat and my women somewhere in between.

Comment

Hmm....tough call. I really like the look, the headstocks are beautiful, you cats got "zero" taste sometimes. They seem nice, at least the archtops anyway. The finishes are pretty heavy which won't come into play as much on the solidbody as it does on the archtops. They are Japanese made so quality and attention to detail will be pretty high. Resale? Kind of an unknown. D'Angelico himself never made a solidbody that I know of so they are venturing into some weird territory there, plus it looks a lot like a Hagstrom Swede which if you get one of the higher end models is as beautiful guitar as there is made IMO.

What does it go for?

If I was looking for a jazzier LP style guitar I'd probably go with the new Les Paul Supreme because I imagine them being in the same ballpark price wise and well I just plain like Gibson better. Still it is pretty cool.
                Last edited by Wattage; 11-18-2004, 06:06 AM.
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Thumbs down on the headstock.

Comment

i wonder if the headstock is designed for pure aesthetic purposes or for adding mass to counteract the heavy body... hmm...
                    the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the fancy inlays. When I read the thread name, I thought you were talking about the PRS Singlecut, in which, yes... I would take one over a Les Paul
                      Originally posted by kevlar3000
                      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                      Originally posted by Zerberus
                      Better is often the enemy of good
                      Originally posted by ginormous
                      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I woulnd't i would take the gibson les paul, i really am not feeling that head stock what so eveer
                        Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

this d'angelico is about 3200 i believe
                          if someone can play one of these at a store and tell me how it was that'd be cool

Comment

Fugly headstock for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
                              Hmm....tough call. I really like the look, the headstocks are beautiful, you cats got "zero" taste sometimes. They seem nice, at least the archtops anyway. The finishes are pretty heavy which won't come into play as much on the solidbody as it does on the archtops. They are Japanese made so quality and attention to detail will be pretty high. Resale? Kind of an unknown. D'Angelico himself never made a solidbodynthat I know of so they are venturing into some weird territory there, plus it looks a lot like a Hagstrom Swede which if you get one of the higher end models is as beautiful guitar as there is made IMO.

What does it go for?

If I was looking for a jazzier LP style guitar I'd probably go with the new Les Paul Supreme because I imagine them being in the same ballpark price wise and well I just plain like Gibson better. Still it is pretty cool.
                              I can agree with most of that!!!

I would have to say...It would depend on why I was looking for a Paul...and most importantly, It would depend on the Paul!
                              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                              X