Ibanez S Prestige sustain issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez S Prestige sustain issues?

Is the sustain issue just a rumor because of dimwits who can't setup a guitar or is it really a problem with the Ibanez S5470 guitars?

Re: Ibanez S Prestige sustain issues?

That ZR tremolo takes a lot of maintenance and its a strange beast. I have two students and every week they come in, it's really screwed up tuning wise.

I get the feeling they're not taking care of it, but any guitar I've had a Floyd rose original on, I couldn't knock it out of tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
      That ZR tremolo takes a lot of maintenance and its a strange beast. I have two students and every week they come in, it's really screwed up tuning wise.

I get the feeling they're not taking care of it, but any guitar I've had a Floyd rose original on, I couldn't knock it out of tune.
      I don't know man. That sounds kinda skewed. A lot of people refer to Ibanez trems with great aplomb. I have never had that problem with Ibanez trems. For the sustain problem in particular, I wonder if it has something to do with the neck radius being off from the radius a the nut or something. There was a thread I read with something like that which seemed to make some sense but considering the immaculate craftsmanship of Ibanez guitars I would be surprised if that was the case.

Comment

I've heard those rumors
        and one experienced tech put it down to improper setup

The Ibanez site was rife with those questions
        the setup dude Max said he believes it to be improper balance on the trem
        I may be quoting him incorrectly
        but the gist is sound
        Last edited by ehdwuld; 02-21-2011, 10:31 PM. Reason: spelling
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
          I've heard those rumors
          and one experienced tech put it down to improper setup

The Ibanez site was rife with those questions
          the setup dude Max said he believes it to be improper balance on the trem
          I may be quoting him incorrectly
          but the gist is sound
          What does "improper balance on the trem" mean? Is that referring to the side-to-side height adjustment or the spring tension or what? It seems like their trems are pretty foolproof. I read the Ibanez forums too but wasn't able to find anything definitive or whether or not Ibanez ever officially addressed the issue.

Comment

As I said I dont recall the exact words but it had something to do with the trem setup
            I cant recall what
            the search function on the Ibanez site is kinda wonked
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Don't get me wrong, on paper and design wise, the ZR trem SHOULD be head and shoulders above a FR original, but like I said, I believe it needs to be setup properly, making sure the floyd baseplate is level and the stop bar in the back is adjusted properly.

Comment

I have a S prestige from I think from like 2000-01 and it sustains wonderfully. It is equipped with the Edge trem.
                I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Working...
                X