No announcement yet.

Need HELP! MIJ Ibanez S series (trade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need HELP! MIJ Ibanez S series (trade)

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
    Wonder how much that would cost or whether it wold be worth it.
    I would use any of them but the last one on the list. The last one is a TRS variant and pretty crappy.

I have no idea how much someone would charge you to do it. It's not an easy job by any means, especially if your guitar has a lot of arch in the top. If it's done right, it's not going to be cheap. There is a lot of work involved in a project like this.

Is it worth it? That's really up to you. Worth can only be measured by you in this situation.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Dude says it has original lo trs, the lo trs II was not as good or stable, seems a lik shakey to me.
      Originally posted by grumptruck
      No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
      Originally posted by Gear Used
      PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
      Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
      Mesa Stiletto Ace
      Gurus 5015
      Mesa Widebody 1X12
      Pedalboard

Comment

One is a little bit better than the other, but neither were very good overall. I wouldn't do it, but that's just me.
        Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Already decided against it, offered to sell my guitar to him though
          Originally posted by grumptruck
          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
          Originally posted by Gear Used
          PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
          Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
          Mesa Stiletto Ace
          Gurus 5015
          Mesa Widebody 1X12
          Pedalboard

Comment

It would be cheaper to buy a guitar that already has a Floyd on it. even if you did have some one cut/gut/kill your guitar and did a amazingly perfect job on it, it still would never be the same. with so much wood being taken out, it would sound and even feel...off.

Hope that helps
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Like all other tonal things, "clean" is relative. Do you want "sparkling drop of spring water", or "scrape some poop off the bottom of your shoe before you walk in"?

Originally posted by KoreanGuitarMan
            Actually, shedding the blood of an actual white owl upon an altar wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Just as Travis in his post above, I would not recommend to put a FR on your LTD.
              Much better to sell it as it is, and look for a FR equipped guitar that you like.
              I would not give up an trading the LTD for a FR equipped guitar either, you should be able to find some nice ones out there I think.

PS: the TRS came standard on the '94 S470, so it is still original in contrary of what I had written earlier. Seems only the 5XX-models S and RG's and up got Edge/LoPro Edge. That's why 9fingers his RG470 has it as well, so it is original, but not worth trading with your LTD
              "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Working...
              X