Is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true?

Im going to get a jackson SLSMG soloist this weekend I think, and this question dosnt really affect my choice, but my guitar dealer says that jackson isnt making it anymore. Is this true or is he just trying to get me to buy it because 'they'll soon be gone and then it's too late'? As I said I'll probably get it anyway (unless any of you guys have any reasons not to! ) but I just want to know if he's reliable and trustworthy. I mainly play rock (metal), you know from Deep purple --> In flames and lots of stuff in between =).
    Last edited by Leveller; 11-19-2004, 07:14 AM.
    The cake is a lie!

www.myspace.com/eternalexilesthlm

Re: Is this true?

FMIC (Fender) bought Jackson awhile back. AFAIK, things are still being done the Jackson way. If you decide that it does matter, you could find out if the guitar in question was made prior to the buyout.

And, BTW, that SLSMG kicks f*cking ass! (If I had the cash) I'd buy one if it had "I'm a big-ass tool" inlaid on the fretboard
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Ok, perhaps he meant that his shop had stopped importing it, but I'm almost 100% positive he said that they had stopped making it.
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Untrue. There are, according to reliable sources inside JCMI, no plans to discontinue the SLSMG. Although I must admit that Jackson/Charvel usually "publicise" plans at or around NAMM and tend to keep fairly quiet between. So IF i´s to be discontinued, we´ll see at NAMM

BTW, A "Pre-Fender" SLSMG does not exist, the SLSMG was introduced after the buyout.

That said, of all the imports the SLSMG rocks hardest. Probably the only import I´ve ever seriously considered jumping on
        Last edited by Zerberus; 11-19-2004, 01:34 PM.
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Lol sorry for beeing a noob but what's NAMM?
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

National Association of Music Merchants - Kind of like a Chamber of Commerce for the world's major music manufacturers, merchants, retailers, distributors, etc. They have a few shows per year in the US to show off all the hot new toys that come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Leveller
              Ok, perhaps he meant that his shop had stopped importing it, but I'm almost 100% positive he said that they had stopped making it.
              I would check with a Customer Service rep or email Jackson to find out if this really is true.

When I was younger and in my super-wanker guitar-wanting days I was drooling over a white Ibanez Jem7VWH at the local guitar center and the salesman told me to "pick it up quick cuz Ibanez stopped making them!" I freaked out and asked another salesman, who i think was the manager. He said "WTF are you talking about? Ibanez is still making them just like always and they've got no plans to discontinue them. That'd be like if Fender stopped making the Clapton strats. Take your time and save your money, that other guy's full of it."

Comment

Ah ok. I'm going there right now, lol it's hard to choose it's a lot of money =)
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                X