banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagstrom Swede Any owners that could give a review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagstrom Swede Any owners that could give a review?

Hagstroms really interest me, I've been looking at the Swede models. From what I've heard they're like getting an expensive Les Paul at an Epiphone price. Plus they're coil tapped and have a really fast neck (right up my alley). Anybody have any thoughts or experience? Thanks

Re: Hagstrom Swede Any owners that could give a review?

I'm really interested in the Super Swede, I prefer the 25.5” Scale of Fenders. Too bad no one actually stocks Hagstoms.
    Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

I got one in November off eBay for $390 and free shipping and could not pass it up. They routinely go for around $600. My friend has a Viking and Super Swede that I've played a few times and liked. So, I did it knowing that the stock pups are very good but I wanted more bite so I changed the bridge to SH-11's and love it.
      The neck is fast and I had to have a friend do some adjustments to it as the action came in a bit high for my liking.
      I have a Strat and PRS and lately, the Hagstrom is what I've grabbed when jamming.
      Is it the best I've ever played? No but even if I hadn't got such a great price, I will tell you that I like it better than 2 of my friends Les Pauls (not knocking LP's either). It's lighter though not light and the 3 tone toggle has been fun to play with.

If you're interested, the Ebay seller has a store:http://stores.ebay.com/STRINGS-AND-T...ITAR-WHOLESALE
      I am in no way endorsing him just stating where I got my good deal from. It was not even a bid, just a 'make an offer' and I did and it was accepted. I actually wasn't expecting it to be accepted.
      Last edited by Beerman; 02-25-2011, 08:15 AM.

Comment

i friend of mine has 4 hagstroms now and loves them.
        but i dunno if it's him or the guitars - seems to having issues staying in tune
        ~+~ tube afflicted, strat addicted ~+~

Comment

Originally posted by Baltar View Post
          i friend of mine has 4 hagstroms now and loves them.
          but i dunno if it's him or the guitars - seems to having issues staying in tune
          That's part of what I'm afraid of, little unknowns. The swede and the Viking look absolutely awesome though, I found a guitar shop that carrys them so I'm gonna check them out after church on Sunday. Thanks to everyone so far for you comments.

Comment

I think they come with graphite nuts and the bridge is pretty decent

so yeah it's probably him
            Originally posted by gibson175
            metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

And the fretboard is awesome plastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                And the fretboard is awesome plastic!

After reading some great reviews (seriously, does anyone ever review a turd an honestly call it so?), I went to a shop to try a couple. Meh, felt very 'plasticy', more so than the average Schecter even. The neck is very slim but there is so much poly on it, I doubt it would be any faster than anything else out there unless you worked on the finish. For me it would have to be used for cheap money knowing there would be a lot of work/changes to make it o.k.

Comment

I wanna get an Ultra Swede.

one of the nicest axes I've played.

Comment

Plus they have absolutly nothing in common with the old guitars...
                    Cannot see, hear much that would make me wanna get one!
                    Lots of other more fun alternatives.

Comment

i also think it's him^^

they sound nice. despite i don't trust that plastic part under the bridge
                      ~+~ tube afflicted, strat addicted ~+~

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                        Plus they have absolutly nothing in common with the old guitars...
                        Cannot see, hear much that would make me wanna get one!
                        Lots of other more fun alternatives.
                        Can you recommend any alternatives? I want a Les Paul, but $1200 is outta my price range right now. I only have around $600 to spend, I either wantva Les Paul or decent semi hollowbody. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Danielboom View Post
                          Can you recommend any alternatives? I want a Les Paul, but $1200 is outta my price range right now. I only have around $600 to spend, I either wantva Les Paul or decent semi hollowbody. Thanks
                          Start here on page 12 and keep moving up:

Agiles = the ultimate affordable les paul alternative! There is much knowledge about these guitars on the forum if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielboom View Post
                            Start here on page 12 and keep moving up:

Agiles = the ultimate affordable les paul alternative! There is much knowledge about these guitars on the forum if you have any questions.

Comment

If you are familiar with Godin Guitars out of Canada, here is link to their other Canadian guitar line.
                              Have not had a chance to try these guitars yet.
                              A local store that deals with Godin has started offering these guitars.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                              And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Working...
                              X