Gibson les paul studio worn finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson les paul studio worn finish

I'd be more likely to pay a luthier to do the binding for real, assuming I could find one willing to take on the job.

And yeah, I'd probbaly have him sand the neck while he was at it, though I wouldn't make him match a 60s profile so much as just make it smaller than the 50s.

It has crossed my mind more than once.

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
    Neck fix: sand the neck down very carefully until you get a 60's profile. Take a digital micrometer, take a measurement of a 60's neck at a music store at the 1st and 12th fret, and gently shape. sand your neck until it matches the thickness of the 60's neck.

Binding: Poor mans binding: go to an auto parts store, and get some pinstripe tape. Put the pinstripe tape on the edge of the body and neck, and you have instant, removeable binding.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

If the feel is not a bother (it is not for me) buy one. Mine came yesterday. Mine pays really well.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
        yes. The majority of gibsons spontaneously jump out of peoples hands and onto the floor because they're just terrible guitars that can't stand to live anymore. And, no one who repairs a headstock ever does a decent job. All luthiers are hacks.

You realize I was joking, right?
        -=The Dali
        --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
        X