Recommend a good wireless system...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a good wireless system...

What are some good wireless systems for guitar? Open to any suggestions here.

Thanks,

Nathan
    Formerly "Raven LP"

Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
    Splawn 212 Vertical Cab with Eminence Governors
    Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue
    '95 Gibson LP Standard (Custom Shop S-Deco-5 11.5k / Jazz)
    PRS Swamp Ash Special (?? / ?? / ??)
    '04 Fender American Fat Strat (stock, for now...)

Re: Recommend a good wireless system...

Originally posted by SemperRhythm
    What are some good wireless systems for guitar? Open to any suggestions here.

Thanks,

Nathan
    Pricey,but after looking at alot of wireless systems,I bought the Shure "Guitarist" UHF system...It sounds just like I'm using my George L cables and doesn't screw with my tone..I payed around $399 or less,but I've had it for like 3 years now..I Only go wireless when we play out,but I still prefer cables over wireless..

I get no dead zones or drop outs with this unti...The Shure stuff is always high quality and pretty hard to beat...I'm also a fan of the Guitar Bug or the systems that allow you to just plug the whole transmitter right into the input of your guitar..

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Some people use Nady wireless... I haven't heard anything about it though...
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Can't seem to get by the sheer amount of fans of the Shure systems.

I'd be too scared of tone coloring to switch to wireless. I know many professional players that tried it and went back. I know I was just watching some commentary on one of Dream Theater's DVDs and they're all talking about how they used to do the wireless gig and the just reflect on how much coloration they got, and now you see them on tour this year...cords, tangles, and everything.

Comment

Nady systems suck, the antena's break off and they just don't work very well. I think the best system out there is the SENNHEISER systems. They are around $350 but you will never need another system again. I also like the Audio Technica 3000 ($400) Personally I have found that any system under $300 is very hit or miss. Expect lots of clacking and hissing every now and then. If you dont want to invest that much money, you should really stick to cables for now. I know a few people that like the AKG stuff with the little "bug" transmitters and so far they havn't had too many problems yet. Hope this helps!
          sigpic
          GUITARS: 2 Fender Strats, and Epi Les Paul
          PEDALS: X2 Wireless, 535Q crybaby, Line6 MM4, ISP Decimater, OCD, Fulltone GT-500, 2 Boss DD-5's and Digitech Hardwire Stereo Chorus
          AMP: Fender DeVille

Comment

I have the AKG SR60 wireless; very little loss to tone, but a serious loss to cash in wallet -- $800.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I use Audio Technica 1400s for both my guitar and bass rigs. They're rackmountable, UHF systems. I like them because you can adjust the signal strength at every junction. They run about $350 here in the midwest, and I think they're the best for the price anywhere.
              www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Shure ULX. I can't tell a difference between a cable and this one. Okay, 15+ years on the road means a serious loss of hearnig above 12KHz..

I use an older VHF Shure Marcad diversity system $180 used. It is reliable, durable, simple as I am and never had a signal dropout. It doesn't sound like my best instrument cable, there is but a very little loss of tone but it's not a problem for me. You know: built-in high-cut filter at 12KHz..

Despite the fact they usually work o.k. I'd suggest not to choose a fixed frequency unit. These new multi-channel systems automatically detect any disturbance in transmission and switch to an another free frequency faster before you can ever notice.

There is an awesome quality but not-so-famous wireless manufacturer called REXER. In the $300-$400 range they do have some killer stuff.

The aforementioned Sennheiser is also good. It is a kiler stuff for the money.

Some people here like that Samson stompbox-sized unit because it's so simple and straight but I hear some more serious signal loss there. With the normal sized amp-topper stand-alone UHF receiver has no such issues as I noticed.

Newer Nady (Encore digi-tru diversity) systems are o.k. for the buck but most definietly you can find better ones out there.

If you lived in Europe I'd suggest checking $400-range "db audio" uhf systems. In my experience sonicaly they are not worse than anything in the price range but I also noticed that some units have signal dropouts. Of course it depends on the outer environment a strong signal source nearby (e.g. a strong radio transmitter ) can cause interference any time.
                Last edited by NecroPolo; 11-19-2004, 11:52 AM.
                Wackor
                Ørdøg
                NecroPolo
                Diabolus in Musica
                SIDrip Alliance
                Book of Shadows
                RKH

Comment

Working...
                X