Is this guitar pretty or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this guitar pretty or what?

Although I like it a lot, if it bugs you even slightly at this point, don't get it. It'll bug you by a factor of 10 once you buy it.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Happy 200th posting OP.
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

It looks like a nice Epi Dot . . . those guitars are pretty soild players in my experience. I wouldn't hesitate if I liked how it felt.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

It's not the most gorgeous piece of heavily figured wood but there's nothing unseemly about it.

In short, what's not to like?
          Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
          I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
          Originally posted by That90'sGuy
          Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by sbecker67 View Post
            On second glance, I see what you mean...the grain pattern is more spalted than standard maple. I like it, but I'm also a huge semi ES335 fan
            +1. Nothing wrong with spalted maple. 335's are just good-looking guitars.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

What could be wrong with the woodgrain??

Just don't like transparent finishes or what?

I think it looks pretty classy.
              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Being a fan of plain maple in today's world of AAAAA++++++ tops, I think it makes a great visual impact. People can forget how nice a plain maple grain can look.
                - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                  Being a fan of plain maple in today's world of AAAAA++++++ tops, I think it makes a great visual impact. People can forget how nice a plain maple grain can look.
                  Big +1 to that.

I like plaintops about 99% more of the time than flames. Don't even get me started on those gaudy/ugly quilt tops.
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I think like Mr Andrew. Gimme a nice plain piece of wood and keep your flames for the Gibson-haters.
                    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I hate that tear-drop-shaped burst. Why oh why don't they follow the shape of the body?
                      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                        You won't be looking at the wood grain when you are rocking the crap out of it.
                        There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
                        Don't ask.

Comment

Working...
                        X