Slash's 59 Les Paul Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash's 59 Les Paul Replica

Hey guys just wondering does any one know much about Slash's first les paul whihc was a believe a LP 59 copy made by a luthier named Chris Derrig, but thats all i know. Is it an exact copy head stock included?...as in it says gibson on it as well? I'm just curious about this mysterious axe. Anyone got any pics of the guitar as well?
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: Slash's 59 Les Paul Replica

Check the Les Paul Forum, there have been many discussions about it over time.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

In the late 80's, there was a luthier going by the surname, Max. For years, he operated under the radar from Gibson's lawyers, and produced a few "Max" replicas of a 59, which was arguably better than a Historic. I'm not positive, but I think Slash's favorite Paul, and the one used on Appetite, was one of the Max guitars. I don't know the real name of the luthier, but maybe you've got it.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

yeah. his first les paul he got when guns started getting popular in LA, but it was stolen right before they started recording appetite for destruction, so his manager got him a derrig copy, which is says is to this day his main recording guitar.

thank you "rock star rigs" in this months guitar one
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
          In the late 80's, there was a luthier going by the surname, Max. For years, he operated under the radar from Gibson's lawyers, and produced a few "Max" replicas of a 59, which was arguably better than a Historic. I'm not positive, but I think Slash's favorite Paul, and the one used on Appetite, was one of the Max guitars. I don't know the real name of the luthier, but maybe you've got it.
          the LP copy slash used in AFD was made by chris derrig who passed away in 1986. its not a Max LP replica. Max is still alive but doesn't make guitars anymore. and yes, it says gibson on the headstock
          2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

Working...
          X