Tremolo Pedals, where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo Pedals, where to start?

What are some good Tremolo pedals to look at?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Tremolo Pedals, where to start?

Here's where to end: Demeter Tremulator
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Thanks Chris, what I am going for is that beautiful vibro that I hear from my buddy's Super Reverb. So, would this get me there?
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I just looked one up, dang that's spendy. But they say this the closest to the vintage fender sound that I am looking for.

Comment

To my ears the next best, after the demeter, is the voodoo labs. It's pretty cool, and not as expensive.
          "shut up and play yer guitar" FRANK ZAPPA

Comment

Sorry bro, I know it certainly isn't cheap, but to nail that classic Fender trem, I'm pretty sure that's the closest thing
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

well, since you asked ...

I have a custom painted Diaz Tremodillo that I got from a friend of Cesar's. It's definitely one of the ultimate trem pedals.

however, since they're not readily available, the Voodoo Lab pedal is likely a good candidate ... they seem to have a knack for finding the best circuits, then doing a good job of reproducing them at a reasonable price.
              "music heals"
              facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
                well, since you asked ...

I have a custom painted Diaz Tremodillo that I got from a friend of Cesar's. It's definitely one of the ultimate trem pedals.

however, since they're not readily available, the Voodoo Lab pedal is likely a good candidate ... they seem to have a knack for finding the best circuits, then doing a good job of reproducing them at a reasonable price.
                That's a keeper....

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
                  That's a keeper....
                  haha,
                  thanks Ryan ..
                  the Tremodillos have a half speed switch, and can do a very S L O W and D E E P trem - almost an echo effect.
                  "music heals"
                  facebook

Comment

Boss TR-2.

It's Boss, it ain't custom, but it rumbles down under...and that's what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye
                      Boss TR-2.

It's Boss, it ain't custom, but it rumbles down under...and that's what counts.
                      Damn straight! Wonderful pedal, 90~900mSec rate .. fast enough for anyone, and slow enough without being to slow to be unmusical (think about it, tremelo too slow is a fade out/fade in effect ... the wave control is great for changing the feel of it, and the depth control is calibrated just right! Quiet, and clean to, great headroom ... A great value for the money! Big Thumbs up!
                      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
                      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
                      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

I think that the VooDoo Labs is top notch for the money...the Diaz is very cool but to me the VooDOo Labs is closer to the SF/BF Fender tremolo. The Demeter Tremulator is good but it cost a bit much for me, I have aTwin that has this type of trem (this is my least favorite kind of trem btw...). I'm really saving up and looking for a late 40's or early 50's DeArmond outboard Tremolo...I love those things...but they bring big money!!! If you want to do the SF/BF Fender tremn thing, and you don't want to spend big money...get the Boss, it sounds great, it built BOss Tough, and it's a cool green colour!!!
                        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I'm not a big Line 6 fan, but,,, I picked up the tone core tap trem and its pretty cool. I run stereo so I wanted something with a pan in it. It was either a Boss PN2(used an ebay about 150) or this. The tap function and the stereo ins and outs put it over the top. Not to mention about 40$ under. Nice trem sounds and seems pretty versatile. Built like a friggin TANK! This is probably the heaviest pedal I've ever owned. GC has them in now. Like I said, not a big Line 6 fan, had the green delay modeler and the blue modulation modeler, sold both. Check it out. It might be what your looking for! Later.
                          !

Comment

Sometimes it helps to know what not to get...

The Guyatone VT3 is low cost and does a decent job as a tremelo pedal. It's also clean, both on and off. (How many pedals can you say that about?) However, it produces a distinct volume boost for some reason, especially on the high end. It's a useful pedal, but not what you're looking for IMHO.

Chip
                            Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                            Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                            Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                            SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                            SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                            "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

I've been using one of those purple TrEmOlO pedals from dunlop that I got for free from one of the bands I worked for ... It works well .. I doubt it's the best there is ... but it's very usable.
                              "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

Working...
                              X