So what did Klon's originally cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what did Klon's originally cost?

And who has one? Why is it in such demand?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: So what did Klon's originally cost?

Ryan,
    Joneser has one, so he can tell you how wonderful they are. Last time I checked, they were $289, with about a 3 month wait.

Klon Centaur
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Thank Gary, I didn't know that they were still making them. Goes to show how much I don't know about gear.....and that's alot! But with your help I'll get there eventually. LOL!
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Klon used to be top of the heap, but for your money, you can do MUCH better. Others have attested to the fact that the Pro Analog Dual Drive can nail the coveted Klon tone and sound better. Two channels are better than one . All for $300. It's a lot of money, but I'd by lying if it isn't the best OD/clean boost pedal I've ever encountered.
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
          Klon used to be top of the heap, but for your money, you can do MUCH better. Others have attested to the fact that the Pro Analog Dual Drive can nail the coveted Klon tone and sound better. Two channels are better than one . All for $300. It's a lot of money, but I'd by lying if it isn't the best OD/clean boost pedal I've ever encountered.
          There you go again feeding the GAS attack again! Thanks Chris!

Do you have any sound clips by chance?
          Last edited by JumpMarine; 11-19-2004, 01:41 AM.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Dual Drive. However, my Maxon OD 820 has a dual ganged pot that I believe is similar to the idea behind the Klon. It also doubles the voltage from 9 to 18 volts in a similar manner.

Until I do a shoot out with the Joneser and his Klon, the Maxon will have to do for an ultimate OD. These can be had for about $150 on ebay. Still, lately I've gravitated back to my little Maxon OD 808 for a less expensive, yet still fairly transparent OD.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
              I'm not familiar with the Dual Drive. However, my Maxon OD 820 has a dual ganged pot that I believe is similar to the idea behind the Klon. It also doubles the voltage from 9 to 18 volts in a similar manner.

Until I do a shoot out with the Joneser and his Klon, the Maxon will have to do for an ultimate OD. These can be had for about $150 on ebay. Still, lately I've gravitated back to my little Maxon OD 808 for a less expensive, yet still fairly transparent OD.
              Gary, how do you compare the Maxon to John's SD-1's.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
                Gary, how do you compare the Maxon to John's SD-1's.
                Ryan,
                well, of course I love John's mods, which is why I have several.

the SD-1 I find fat and full, and a bit dark. Maybe a better comparison would be one of the tubescreamers.
                The Maxon OD 808, however, is fairly transparent, which is why I mentioned it in relation to a Klon, which are also known to be transparent, as if they enhance the natural tone of the guitar and amp, rather than color it.
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

Working...
                X