banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack Of Low End...Do I need new tubes or a Beefier Pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lack Of Low End...Do I need new tubes or a Beefier Pickup?

I want to get a Jazz neck... which out of the custom or distortion do you think a jazz would go best with?
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Did you put 250k pots in the Strat when you put the JB in...if not, trust me and stick a 250k pot in that guitar first! If your still unhappe try a mew pup, for killer lowend I would go with the DD...thecustom is cool, but the DD will have a stronger/tighter bottom. Don't overlook the 59, it's good too. The Custom sounds like a big 59...first check your pot(s)...use a 250k with a JB...trust me, if that still does not fix the problem, go back to a 250k and try a new pup!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I played a friends LP with a Custom in it awhile ago. It had a very sweet, smooth distortion sound and was really nice clean.

I use a JB in a Strat w/250k pots into a Recto (on modern) and I get plenty of low end. On Vintage it screams in the midrange, but for muted chugs the modern voice kicks ass.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented
          Did you put 250k pots in the Strat when you put the JB in...if not, trust me and stick a 250k pot in that guitar first! If your still unhappe try a mew pup, for killer lowend I would go with the DD...thecustom is cool, but the DD will have a stronger/tighter bottom. Don't overlook the 59, it's good too. The Custom sounds like a big 59...first check your pot(s)...use a 250k with a JB...trust me, if that still does not fix the problem, go back to a 250k and try a new pup!

Nah my strat was upgraded to 500K's when the JB/59' were installed......
          Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
          Roland Cube 60
          Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
          BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
          LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
          Mogami Cables
          Mooer Candy Toppers
          Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
          Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Honestly, everything sounds thin after using an Invader...I think they damage your hearing or something.

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
              Honestly, everything sounds thin after using an Invader...I think they damage your hearing or something.
              thats true!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
              X