banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BYE BYE IBANEZ EW Acoustic,PIECE OF YOU KNOW WHAT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYE BYE IBANEZ EW Acoustic,PIECE OF YOU KNOW WHAT!!

I bought an Ibanez EW20ASENT a month ago. Had to send the first one back due to the neck having a slight twist in it. Got the second one and the electronics didnt work. had it serviced and was told that the brace on the inside was cracked and it was coming apart!!!!

MUTHA GRUBBER!!!! so i sent it back and now im in need of a new acoustic.

has anyone played a fender T Bucket 400 ce? just wondering if it is a warm sounding guitar as i cant play an actual one because my local music shop doesnt have one and will only order if i buy up front.

budget is 500.00 suggestions please
    THEY SAY A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. UNLESS THIS IS THE PICTURE AND THE ONLY WORDS I CAN THINK OF ARE "WHAT THE FU@K HAPPENED TO YOU?"
    sigpic
    Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet
    Bogner UberKab
    Washburn Nuno N24 Vintage
    Seymour Duncan El Diablo
    Schecter 006 Elite
    Seymour Duncan AHB 2 Blackout Metal

Re: BYE BYE IBANEZ EW Acoustic,PIECE OF YOU KNOW WHAT!!

Washburn Cumberland. A bit over your budget but worth it.

Holy frack.. looks like Musicicans friend has discontinued them?; You should still be able to get one someplace though.
    Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ✅ guaranteed low price, ✅ free shipping, ✅ 0% financing, ✅ 8% back in rewards.

Anyway, I have one, and its a decent intermediate level A/E. Washburn is a U.S. company that goes a long way back, although these guitars are imports like any mid level guitar nowadays.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-26-2011, 10:02 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Heard really really good things about the low-mid end dean acoustics. I'd give one of those a shot!

Comment

Didn't we tell you to play the acoustics first before you bought them, but you were more worried about saving money?

Comment

Lesson learned
          THEY SAY A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. UNLESS THIS IS THE PICTURE AND THE ONLY WORDS I CAN THINK OF ARE "WHAT THE FU@K HAPPENED TO YOU?"
          sigpic
          Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet
          Bogner UberKab
          Washburn Nuno N24 Vintage
          Seymour Duncan El Diablo
          Schecter 006 Elite
          Seymour Duncan AHB 2 Blackout Metal

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            Didn't we tell you to play the acoustics first before you bought them, but you were more worried about saving money?
            this...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I recently traded my Takemine for an aria Sandpiper SP75, which is a great guitar. Not sure what they cost in the states mind. But it's got a nice warm sound, solid electrics and easy action. Ideal if you're a electric player who goes acoustic occasionally. It also looks funky

It's a valve sporker... it sporks valves

Comment

Also, as big an Ibanez fan as I am (I currently own three and have had a few others in the past) I almost never think about going down the ibby route for an acoustic.
                Yamaha, takemine, taylor/martins (if I had the dosh) possibly even fender... but Ibanez never appealed.
                I actually tried a really nice Tanglewood when I got the aria, which sounded fantastic (by my limited knowledge of acoustics) but wasn't as easy to play as the aria.
                I also tried a Washburn but it was not up to the sound or playability of the others.
                My advice is try and find a shop that deals in acoustic/classical instruments rather than guitars. I've never been to the states but I suspect GC sells pretty generic stuff and in acoustic terms that will mean pretty limited range indeed.
                It's a valve sporker... it sporks valves

Comment

No first-hand experience myself, but a friend of mine has an Ibanez acoustic, loves it, and he's a great player who owns some high-end acoustics.
                  "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                  "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I would also check out Art and Lutherie. They are made by Godin. The one I have is phenomenal.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                    Originally posted by Securb
                    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Takamines just can't be beat. There's something 'bout'em that once you start playing one, you just can't put it down...

I own a EG260C and I couldn't be happier. It likes D'Addario .011-.049 coated phosphor bronze strings and John Pearse strings. In a less than $ 200.00 guitar, the setup was perfect from the moment I've opened the box. YMMV.

Comment

I have an EW, the quilted Ash one and It's been a fantastic instrument. Maybe you just got a couple of duds?
                        www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Washburn has some really nice cheaper acoustics. Seagull makes a good one too if you are willing to spend more money.
                          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                          X