Michael Kelly Acoustics? Other 12string?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Kelly Acoustics? Other 12string?s

Yeah, Im still flogging the 12 string horse.. I want a 12, but I cant afford the Taylor I want. And since my 12 string playing may be limited (as my budget) I have to go Cheap!

Im looking at these: (all are solid top )

Seagull Yeah, I know this will be good, but alil over budget

Yamaha F720s

Walden 522 (cheapest of the bunch)

Michael Kelly Nostalgia. I LOVE thier electrics and think they are great for the $$.. I assume these are too, but does anyone have first hand experience??

Used Takamine EG523scb12 (Looks like these normally go for $600+)

Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Michael Kelly Acoustics? Other 12string?s

plump
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I have't had the chance to play a Michael Kelly acoustic but if they are anything like their electrics it should be a great guitar!
      Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

yeah, thats why Im considering them..

I did play the Takamine today. nice player. neck is kinda chunky and the tone is not as warm as some.. Maple body makes it alil bright. But not bad..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Guild 12 strings are the way to go. Try the DAD 12. Its made in China but has a great feel. The real Guilds like SRV played were awesome but over 2K. They have a double acting truss rod to compensate for the stress of 12 strings pulling on the neck. IMHO they are very very nice 12 strings!
          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

yeah, my former pastor has a Guild jumbo body and it sounded unreal.. He was a MONSTER player too!! Unfortunately, I have to plan CHEAP!!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
            X