Got the Dunlop 65 cleaning setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Dunlop 65 cleaning setup.

I love this thing! The guitar polish didn't do a whole lot, because I have a satin finish. The fretboard lubricant and string lubricant are working wonders. I actually miss notes now because the strings are so much smoother. I feel dumb for not getting this a long time ago.

No luck on the strings. Guitar Center doesn't have the Hi-Voltage DR's, so I picked up a set of Ernies 10-52.
    Originally posted by jmh151
    I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
    Originally posted by jeremy
    like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
    Sometimes not read.
    dats hard

Re: Got the Dunlop 65 cleaning setup.

be careful with the string lubricant. it works wonders in livening up the tone but always seemed to make me break strings. lots of broken strings.
    - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
    Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
    Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
    I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

What kind of strings were you using?
      Originally posted by jmh151
      I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
      Originally posted by jeremy
      like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
      Originally posted by grumptruck
      Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
      Sometimes not read.
      dats hard

Comment

I bought that set last year, and it's really paying for itself because I do guitar setups for people, including a complete detail cleaning. They're so happy when they see their guitars coming back to them that they bring me the rest of them to do as well.

And my guitars get to stay like new. Dunlop polish seems a lot better than the Gibson and Martin polish I was using before.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by SamusChief View Post
          What kind of strings were you using?
          I have used fender bullets for at least 7 years and the main guitar was consistently the ernie ball. When I would use the string stuff I often broke non wrapped strings at the bridge. you may not have the same problem but I wouldn't suggest using that stuff for the first time before a gig.
          - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
          Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
          Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
          I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

Working...
          X