banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some companies you have had good experiences with....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some companies you have had good experiences with....

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
    MXR/Dunlop
    ESP not so much...I emailed them a question a while back, and the response left me with the impression that I know more about their company than they do.

I play several ESPs, never had problems, so no company needed ^^. I emailed them something once, got no reply. But when I had a little issue with the trem bar of my floyd, the guy at the shop called the guys who called the guys who sent a new bar and everything was fine in three days. Never needed more service but if their service isn't good, I'd better change for Jackson ^^
    There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
    Don't ask.

Comment

Gibson. I was changing the strings on one of my Les Pauls one time and the headstock broke. They said to bring it on over and they would fix it. Apparantly it happens to 99 out of 100 Les Pauls.

Comment

Seymour Duncan - customer service is top notch. AT&T could learn a lot by interning at Seymour Duncan.

Mesa Boogie - see Seymour Duncan

Music City - ebay music store

Dean Guitars - took care of me when I really needed help
        Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
        I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

I haven't really had much need for support. I have been very fortunate that the products I have purchased have been very solid. I did have some really good experience with Visual Sound I had a One Spot that started making some noise, so I sent it back even though it was out of warranty. They replaced it free of charge anyway.... I now have 3 of them.

Komet When I bought my Komet I had some very basic questions about the Fast/gradual switch in the back of the amp. Mike Kennedy(the owner) sent me a very descriptive Email on what it really does. I still can't explain it but it did make sense too me.
          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

ted @ weber speakers (rip)
            bob @ eurotubes
            lindy fralin
            bob callaham

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
              Gibson. I was changing the strings on one of my Les Pauls one time and the headstock broke. They said to bring it on over and they would fix it. Apparantly it happens to 99 out of 100 Les Pauls.
              lol
              I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

USACG

Tommy at USACG is about the nicest person I've ever talked to.

Before this past year's Christmas, my mom called Tommy to order me a mahogany body blank and a gift certificate to help me get started with my guitar building.

He told her that he thought it was so cool that a mom was taking an interest in her son's guitar building aspirations, and asked her about me. When my mom told him that I wanted to build a perfect guitar for my newborn son, then give it to him when the time was right, Tommy was super glad and excited to hear about it, and told my mom that he just thought that was the coolest thing and that he was excited for all of us.

He even asked her, who knows nothing about guitars, whether she thought I would do an opaque or transparent finish, and she guessed transparent, so Tommy told her that he would hand-pick a really beautiful slab of mahogany for her/me.

At Christmas I got the slab, and it was, in fact beautiful, and man, it was light and resonant - a slab that was really begging to become a guitar. Huge thanks to Tommy for picking a great slab.

Fast forward to yesterday - I called Tommy at USACG and ordered a neck for this guitar project. I told him I had a gift certificate and mentioned that I was building a guitar for my son.

"You must be Hunter! Your mom is so cool!"

I could not believe it. That is amazing customer relations / customer service.

After I told him all the specs of the very weird neck I wanted, he told me the price, and I figured he had already applied the $100 gift certificate. THEN he was like "minus the $100, and that brings us to $XXX."

He did not charge me any of the upcharges for the weird / premium stuff (e.g. ebony fretboard) I ordered, and, in fact, he knocked off some of the price just because he was excited about the project and was feeling good. I paid less than the base price for a 2 piece neck for a heavily optioned, very custom neck --- and then got $100 off that, thanks to my mom.

At the end of the call, he asked me to say hi to my mom for him, and gave me his phone number and told me to call him if I had any build questions, or was just at the hardware store and couldn't figure out which kind of lacquer to buy. Can you believe that?

AMAZING customer service.

He has a customer for life right here.

-Hunter
                Last edited by ImmortalSix; 03-02-2011, 11:47 AM.
                my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Dean Guitars, Hamer Guitars, Seymour Duncan. Use all much and tell folks about 'em often.

Jody at Music City RAWKS too!
                  Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                  Guitar to sound output:
                  Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I forgot to mention Rondo Music .
                    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

I forgot to mention Tech 21 who fixed a pedal I had bought third hand for a very reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                        USACG

Tommy at USACG is about the nicest person I've ever talked to...

AMAZING customer service.

He has a customer for life right here.

-Hunter
                        Absolutely.. can't say enough great things about Tommy @ USACG.. I've built at least 7 partscasters with him/his products.. always goes the extra mile to make you happy..
                        Last edited by TeleLubber; 03-02-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          relentless..
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            relentless..
                            Would you expect anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by sbecker67 View Post
                              Guitarfetish - absolutely no hassle return policy. Tried a semi-hollow tele but found it too neck heavy and unbalanced; returned with no issue and prompt credit. Bought a set of Mean90's in chrome and decided I wanted gold; returned with no issue and prompt credit.
                              I'll back this one. I've had nothing but good dealings with Guitar Fetish. I don't like a few of their products, but you can't beat the customer service. It's top notch.

Edit: That is a diablo, right?
                              Last edited by karpathion; 03-03-2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Oh, and the guys from Electro Harmonix and Sovtek. Ordered a couple used pedals and parts were missing. They sent me the parts and they were here in a few days.
                                Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                                Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X