Holy smokes Im having fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy smokes Im having fun!

Think Im officially joining the Dark side...

Been playing an Epi (yes, Epi) Thunderbird Pro IV bass for the last hour and man, what a blast! This thing sings! Sustains like a champ.. I was worried I was disturbing my neighbor so I went next door and said, hey, am I being to loud? He said, no, but you sound pretty #@$% good. How long you been playing?? I said about an hour.. haha Ive tinkered with bass before, but couldnt feel it. But today, Ive picked up on riffs from songs, and created a coupla cool things.

Good times!!!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Holy smokes Im having fun!

Sounds great man. Have fun!
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

What are you playing through?

Comment

an old ampeg BA115

I was late for work... : (
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

nice! i love playing my bass rig, im such a guitar player playing bass though.

Comment

yeah, I try to play leads and stuff. haha. Was trying to play power chords earlier. muddy mess

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I love playing around with my bass, but I always just end up playing the riff to "Don't Stop Believing" over and over

Comment

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
                I love playing around with my bass, but I always just end up playing the riff to "Don't Stop Believing" over and over
                hmmm.. have to give that a listen..

Was on my break plucking the bass in the breakroom.. got lots of complements on it..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I played a Thunderbird bass once, I must say it sounded great but its neck was as huge as [random comparison to some wide cylindrical object]. Does yours also have such a friggin huge neck ?

Otherwise, their sound is #@$% good indeed (dammit, I want a neighbour as nice as yours) so rock the ****ing **** out of it, LOL.

Oh yeah, and I'd like some pics ^^
                  There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
                  Don't ask.

Comment

Wow, that's great to hear, I kinda feel that the bass is sort of the next logical step for a guitarist but I haven't made the plunge yet.

Good to know you're having so much fun Bro!!!

Rock on
                    Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash View Post
                      I played a Thunderbird bass once, I must say it sounded great but its neck was as huge as [random comparison to some wide cylindrical object]. Does yours also have such a friggin huge neck ?

Otherwise, their sound is #@$% good indeed (dammit, I want a neighbour as nice as yours) so rock the ****ing **** out of it, LOL.

Oh yeah, and I'd like some pics ^^
                      No, the neck is actually nice and thin. I played the PRO V 5 string and it was WIDE. But the regular Epi TBird (bolt on) and this one are thin

Im sure my other neighbors wont be as understanding, bu they werent home.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                        Wow, that's great to hear, I kinda feel that the bass is sort of the next logical step for a guitarist but I haven't made the plunge yet.

Good to know you're having so much fun Bro!!!

Rock on
                        yeah, having fun with it. And people are going gaga over this bass too... Thanks BFAM

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
                          +1 Haha!! That, the bass line to Low Rider, and The Joker! lol
                          Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

I want to get a bass, but I have no idea what I want. Even less lefty options on those lol! They're fun to mess around with, but the strings are up there for them.
                            Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Cool! I also just picked up a bass a few weeks ago and have been having a great time on it just learning stuff. Been working on Soul to Squeeze by the Chili Peppers. It is fun stuff for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X