banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another ad: Fake or not? (Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another ad: Fake or not? (Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw)

Hello again to everyone guys!

As you would notice, the time for me to disturb everyone once again to check the authenticity of another Buzzsaw model came already. Our most recent contestant joins us from UK and has a knob dropped-off. Its owner is a guitarist in a band called Unit Nine and the ad was found on Gumtree.

Here's the link to the pictures that I've received from him yet but I already asked for more:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ningirs...7626187508048/

Thanks once again in advance for all replies!

P.S.: I really hope that this one would not be a fake and that I'd get it in order to stop finally boring everyone again and again with questions about the same model all the time :^)

Re: Yet another ad: Fake or not? (Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw)

I dunno... no help here. But I dig that paintjob!
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Of the few i've seen and played that is way more red then then orange, may be the pics but I dont know.
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Like all other tonal things, "clean" is relative. Do you want "sparkling drop of spring water", or "scrape some poop off the bottom of your shoe before you walk in"?

Originally posted by KoreanGuitarMan
      Actually, shedding the blood of an actual white owl upon an altar wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

I still can't beleive someone would take the time to counterfiet and friggin cheap assed Epiphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
          I still can't beleive someone would take the time to counterfiet a friggin cheap assed Epiphone.
          I don't quite understand that either.

Comment

People don't check Epiphones as carefully, and if they're made cheaply enough there's still a decent profit to be made. The more expensive the model the better the chance that somebody will know what they're looking at and know what to look for in a real model. The Epiphones are more likely to sell to kids or parents looking to buy a present or maybe somebody who's just starting out playing.

Comment

Something about it looks off...

Comment

Same here. That's why I am trying since a month to find one which won't be fake, yet still affordable

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
                I dunno... no help here. But I dig that paintjob!

Comment

If you look at the lower left quadrant of the picture in the ad, my eyes see one of the "spokes" if you will, is spaced incorrectly, just a smidge off.. and the "spokes" aren't thick enough, if you compare it to the original

Last edited by TeleLubber; 03-03-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
                    I still can't beleive someone would take the time to counterfiet and friggin cheap assed Epiphone.
                    What do you think would be easier to pass off and sell a lot of? A $200 copy of a $2000 Gibson Les Paul that would most likely be purchased by an older more experienced player.

Or, a $200 copy of a $800 Zakk Wylde Buzz Saw that would most likely be purchased by a younger less experienced player, aka stupid kid, (no offense, and I am not implying that the OP is a stupid kid).

You could probably fool 30-40 stupid kids and there unexperience parents for every 1 experienced player, and they'd be more inclined to spend only $800 over $2000. Those are good odds and the people who do it know that they're good odds.
                    Last edited by Dr.K; 03-03-2011, 11:08 PM.
                    "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

fake as hell.

Comment

look at the position of the stripes near the toggle switch on both photos. way off.

Comment

I'm not sure if Astro was messing around but something does look off but I can't put my finger on it......

EDIT: Huh, astro look at that you're a genius... and why is there a toggle switch in place of a knob???
                          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                            I'm not sure if Astro was messing around but something does look off but I can't put my finger on it......

EDIT: Huh, astro look at that you're a genius... and why is there a toggle switch in place of a knob???
                            thats not what i meant, i meant the switch up by the strap button.

that switch looking thing is a pot without the knob.

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                              thats not what i meant, i meant the switch up by the strap button.

that switch looking thing is a pot without the knob.
                              Yeah, I know.... I was just pointing that out that it was changed....
                              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X