Fender blacktop strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender blacktop strat?

Anyone here try one of these? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=H61571

I have all super strats with floyds and wanted one with a vintage style bridge so i was thinking of grabbing one of these blacktops and putting a black pickguard on it and it has a swimming pool route so the pup combo's are versatile.

also anyone familar with these? not bad lookin for the $$$

Re: Fender blacktop strat?

We have a few at work, they're very versatile... not really geared towards any one specific style. They'll do metal and country equally well, for example. The pickups are really great. I want one of the Blacktop Teles!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
      We have a few at work, they're very versatile... not really geared towards any one specific style. They'll do metal and country equally well, for example. The pickups are really great. I want one of the Blacktop Teles!
      Yeah since i posted this thread i found a few guys with reviews that bought one and said they are very high quality and sound and play great

the standard MIM goes for $550 these are $100 cheaper???

Comment

I like this one, but with a whiter or perhaps mint green guard

Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

According to the fender website that sonic blue one does have a mint green PG

Comment

Why would you make a guitar out of blacktop , wouldn't concrete be more durable and have better tone? You could do a swimming pool route to cut down on th weight as well.

Comment

you know, I had the same idea for this guitar useing it like a cheap spare. I spaced it off till the other day. I walked into guitar center and pluged one into a fender tweed amp. the tag on the guitar claimed it was a "vintage" pickup in the neck. I thought it sounded cool. It has a smooth jazz tone that sounded good thru that tweed amp. turned up it had a cool rounded clean tone slightly fuller than a single coil but not overbearing bass tone. the bridge again has a nice smooth full tone. the inbetween positions arent really pronounced and are kinda lathargic but thats to be expected with what they claim are "vintage" pickups. The neck was nice and not cluby. I didnt like the big tone nobs and volumn nob but to replace them is no big deal anyway. would I buy it for a second guitar to screw around with? ya sure. its cheap and the tones in positions 1,3,5 (strat 5 postion switching) are good. with a compression peddle you could get more volumn out of the 2,4, positions. I am saveing for a couple amps right now or I would have purchased it. it does lack the distinctive 'strat" tones of single coils but the doubles sound supriseingly good as is

Comment

Working...
              X